Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Picasa Problems.

I have been having problems with Google and Picasa.  Normally, I  put my photos in Picasa for back up system.  ...Picasa uploads everything I put in my photos file. Then, when I try to post a photo on my blog, Picasa says.....sorry you've used up your space...what's with that?   Now I must cull and move and delete in order to be able to post on my blog.
The photo above is a bush blooming here
in Florida.  It is called Golden Rod Bush
for lack of a better name, so the lady who
owns it said.  She didn't know the proper name for it, but she had had no luck growing it in Atlanta which isn't too too far away from the Gulf coast.  It is absolutely beautiful and so yellow.
The problems with blogger is  that I cannot also post in paragraph...yuck.  Anyway the little critter on the beach is a shark egg casing.  Because of the surge of the sea this week, we saw hundreds of these on the beach.   I looked it up on the web and found that these little Ray looking things are the remains of shark eggs.  
 
Some shark species lay eggs, while others give live birth...the lessons we learn these days.
 
Today, since it is raining and fog surrounds our little abode here, it is Missouri Star Quilt shops free shipping within the US, so I think I shall spend some money.
 
Am still knitting socks, and also decided to do a "prayer shawl" to keep my shoulders warm on cool nights. 
 
 


7 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Nanci I have heard of a lot of people that have trouble with photo storage using Picasa - I don't use it so don't know what the solution is to that problem. If it is a "freebie" on line for storing than that is it right there - normally if something is free on line you have only so much space allowed and then have to purchase additional space.
A lot of people have trouble with Blogger so you are not alone there!

Lovely bush- love those bright yellow colors.

Anya said...

Nancy...if you make your photos smaller than 800x800 pixels before you upload them to Picasa, they won't count toward your storage limit. Here's a link that explains things --

http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1224181

Shay said...

Blogger is playing up for a lot of people at the moment. If you delete photos from your Picasa account that are already on your blog I believe they disappear from your blog too, so you might want to check that out before you start clicking your mouse.

Jennifer said...

What a pretty yellow bush! Shark egg casings are really odd things, they look as though they have come off a tree instead of the ocean.

quilton said...

I don't post on blogger. I use Microsoft Live Writer and then send it over. I've had no problems with it for quite awhile. Having said that, you know what's going to happen, don't you.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Love the flowering bush. I had no idea about shark eggs, thanks for sharing.

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Nanci, I got this same note from Google shortly after Thansgiving. The note said I had used up my photo space and I would have to pay so much a month if I wanted to post anymore pictures. I haven't decided what I will do for future postings.