Wednesday, October 29, 2008

THE UGLY QUILT


First, my mother is fine. She probably just had severe cramps, and at 89 yrs old, well she became fearful that she was dying. Anyway they kept her overnight at the hospital and sent her home yesterday afternoon. she was glad to go too.
The first image is my "ugly" quilt which isn't finished being quilted as yet. I think it's ugly, but the kids think it looks "different Nana". I will practice the stithes for stippling on this quilt and then bind it.
The first time I saw this pattern in a magazine, I thought oh that should be quick and easy. 12 " squares are pretty simple. It is the colour combinations that I put together that just didn't do it for me, but after putting the quilt together, there was enough money in it to try and finish it.
Quilt tops are sometimes cheaper than what goes between the fabrics, so being very frugal with my quilting dollars I am going to finish it on the new machine.
I am going to go to lessons tomorrow and see what I can do with the fanciness of this machine.

2 comments :

NurseBrandy said...

Is that a Janome 6500? That's what I have! LOVE that machine.....

And I like your "ugly quilt!" I bet a young child would love all of the colors and patterns that the fabrics have. I'm making an "ugly quilt," too - but it really IS ugly! So ugly, in fact, that I quit working on it! haha
It was going to be for our dogs, but I realize I wouldn't want this ugly thing in our house at all... so now I'm not sure what to do with it.

I'm enjoying reading through your blog!! I think I'll add you to my "regular reading" list!

:-)

Anonymous said...

LOL the comment above is very funny...ugly uilts! I didn't know there was such a thing.

Mom, that quilt is...well...ugly!

Where is it going to live?