Thursday, August 19, 2010

FUN AT THE LAKE!





This is my daughter! She brings the grandkids
for my summer fun.


.
Every time they arrive, there is a flurry of the
most amazing activities that happen upon
arrival .




This past weekend was no exception. First thing that happened withing minutes of arrival was three crazy teens jumping into the water and crashing around the water.




Then the water skiing happened before we could even think of eating!




Kelly and I just take photos of all the activities
and some that can't be explained as the kids
just have fun here!






There was a shampooing with enviroment proper shampoo that produced sculpted hair dos.
Then they decided to decorate their bodies with the shampoo suds.



.
I tell you they were laughing so hard. The one in the middle of the two grandkids is practically one of the family as Aleesha has been here many times and is also an excellent water skier which guarantees her acceptance.
.




The highlight of any weekend at the cottage is triple or quads of skiers going around the island.

Well as you can see the boat is chugging a bit to get the three of the kids up. We will be using a larger motor next year for sure as Jeremy is growing like a weed.


Jeremy is a wild skier and he wanted to go doubles with his sister who refused,"cause you are crazy" and Aleesha said "no way"....so we
looked next door and Jeremy said "What about
Erin!, she skies!"

.
So we shouted over, and she was suckered into
skiing with Jeremy! Not only that she didn't know he was a wild and crazy guy, but it was her first time on doubles and the whole experience was the longest ski of her life!

.

She was such a sport, and the girls figured she was light enough for triples with them the next day, but the waves on the lake were huge so it didn't happen!

.

Next year Erin will once again be picked to do
triples as she is light and also unsuspecting of the
ulterior motives of our gang!

I'm coming up to my 300th blog...I can't believe I have so much to say...a million little things in the brain and out the thoughts come!

I'm happy to say the Helen has picked up the "spring" quilt...aka bloody quilt...which she will return to the cottage this weekend. Now I'll have to quilt!

I'm sewing the nine patch which I better get a move on as the end of August is near, the Eastern Star was visible for the first time to me last night over the south east. It's that time of year for thinking of reducing the food stuffs here at the cottage...and starting to take home the sewing stuff that I haven't used this summer.

What happens to us? Why when I think of sewing all the time, the area is a great place and still I don't sew quilts? Yesterday, I cut an old white towel into dishcloths, and zigzaged all eight pieces. Then, I decided to do the nine patches.

Nanci

19 comments :

Linda said...

Oh Nanci, I have two months off every summer and every summer I say I'm just gonna quilt every day--not! I get so frustrated with myself because at the end of the summer I'm going why didn't I quilt more? I actually did and do accomplish a fair amount--but it never seems to be enough. So you're definitely not alone!
Lurking Linda

Pokey said...

It all looks so fun! You need a sign for the cottage that says,"Happy Memories Created Here!"

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you all have so much fun - it is good that so many of you like the water sports - I'm afraid I am no good at it and don't do "water" -
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kelly said...

That is a scary pic of me! Yikes! Love the hair and had such a great time...of course the food is always delishhhhh and MADD is almost as good although Mom and I went ) for 3 against those girls!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh that looks like too too much fun!!! I bet you are in heaven when they come!

Shirley said...

What fantastic memories you are allowing those kids Nanci and I can see that your daughter looks just like you. Keep having fun.
Shirley.x

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Looks like so much fun and brings back many memories of me skiing double w/ my best girlfriend! You are creating so many fun memories for your grandkids!

Crispy said...

I can almost hear the laughing and screaming....what fun!!!

Your daughter is beautiful...no big surprise cuz her mom is so pretty :0)

Crispy

Shay said...

It's lovely to see young people having fun and just enjoying life. What a magical cottage you have Nanci. I bet it's the kind of place everyone loves to come to.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a fun place - what a fun summer. Quilts can wait when you are having this much fun.

Barb said...

Just lovely grandkids...and what fun and excitement...I know you just love it when they visit.

Jocelyn said...

Wow it looks like they are having such a fun time. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Jennifer said...

Certainly looks like lots of fun at your cottage!

Susan In Texas said...

What memories you jog in me. I had forgotten all about shampooing in the lake up at the cottage in Wisconsn - haven't done that in years now! Glad everyone is having fun.

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

Carol E. said...

How fun!! Love your cottage and gorgeous lake and sewing studio and everything.

Unknown said...

She's beautiful Nanci! Those kids look like a REAL HOOT! I can't believe I'm sAYING THIS, BUT SUMMER HAS been so busy this year...I'm almost looking forward to the more scheduled fall, almost, I said!!

Micki said...

Looks like everyone was having a wonderful time, and the setting of the lake was so pretty!
Micki

Rosalyn Manesse said...

That's just too much fun!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute pics! Loved them. Catching up with you Nanci.