Friday, August 13, 2010

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED!

Did you wonder what happened to my regular blogs? Well, first I had an atrial fibrillation attack which knocked me out for a couple of days, then while resting with the computer on my lap, I dropped it when the dogs scared the dickens out of me chasing a bird that got into the cottage.



Needless to say, lots of problems with the computer, but with a new hard drive, at 40 mgbites I'm running on full throttle once again!



I think that as I'm writing this post that I'm still having a problem downloading photos, but that may be the blogger site too.



This weekend my daughter is bringing up the kids who ski! We can't wait! There will be doubles and tripples on the lake, which is today very calm , so I'm off to the dock to have my coffee.



You know that as I was driving back from the city there are signs of fall all over the place! My sweetie said not to say a word...but the signs are there for all of us as the trees and the flowers in my garden are starting to dry while the black
eyed susans are in full bloom. They are the last of the perennials that bloom for me.

.

The hummingbirds are very busy with the bee balm still which makes me happy to see. In about two weeks, the hummers will be gone...imagine.

.

The quilt top is one of Helen's little creations! She has made more quilts than me this summer!

I can't believe it! I also took a photo of her little cottage studio which I shall post soon.

.

What did I ever do without a computer? When it crashed, I lost all emails, all photos, all recipes that I had saved. Now most of the photos are on disks, but it was a lesson learned...back up all documents in the future.
.

Have a great weekend...I'm happy to be back

17 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

once you are used to a computer and blogging you go into withdrawal if you don't have access!! Hope you are feeling better - that must have been a scare.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jocelyn said...

I was without internet for FIVE WHOLE DAYS! Wow what did we do before blogging!! Hope you are feeling better.

Barb said...

I sure hope you are recovering and will be well enough to enjoy your family when they come. Fall all ready? Wow....

The quilt is adorable.

Crispy said...

I keep looking for the robins, as soon as they leave I know that fall is on it's way. Have a lovely weekend with your family. I'm so happy that you and your computer are up and running strong again :0)

Crispy

Sandra Henderson said...

I've been away, so I wasn't aware of all of this! I am glad you are okay! I still have my old computer, they tell me they can get the pictures off. I hope so. One of these days I'll get it to the mainland to someone who can do this for me... Yes, I need to do this. G keeps saying to get the Carbonite thingy, I need to see how much this is... I don't have a lot, but do have photos.
Very pretty, summery quilt top! I MUST buy some whites!
Can't wait to see your family skiing on the lake! Please take care of yourself. So scary!

Shannon said...

So sorry for you unluckiness. It must have been scary getting sick that way. Your computer will be ok, I hope your health gets better. Take care!

Trish said...

So glad to hear you are ok. Take it easy and enjoy the great summer days ahead still to come!

Jennifer said...

Hope you are feeling OK, certainly sounds like it! We had a computer scare last year when our modem line was hit in a storm.....fried the modem line. We learnt about backing up too.

Unknown said...

I had missed your blog Nanci and am sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope you are feeling better soon. Computers.. what would we do without them! I love Helen's quilt.. it's very fresh looking... crisp!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh gosh I am so glad you are OK and back with us. I use a backup system called Carbonite, it is $55 a year and all of your things are backed up on thier site so it is never lost. Have a wonderful weekend!

Susan In Texas said...

I'm sorry you're having heart problems; I hope you're all better now. But fall? So soon? It's still in the triple digits down here sunny in Texas. 8)

Susan in Texas

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

So sorry about the health problems - hope all is well. It is amazing how often we forget to back up - until something reminds us.

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Pleased your back and please stay well. Too much to do to be unwell. If you have signs of fall it means that we're about to have summer and I don't like that! Spring doesn't really happen here. We go straight into summer -and it's soooooo long.

Micki said...

So sorry for all of your problems! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Micki

Penny said...

Goodness, girl. I hope you have a good cardio- electrician? The computer is easy to replace but you need to look after yourself. Slow down.
The tree at the end of our drive is red and dropping leaves. I don't mind the fall but I don't look forward to the season after.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Glad to have you back! Take care of that ticker:)

I'd love to be seeing some signs of fall. It's hot!

Quiltgal said...

Nanci, soooooo sorry that you have been unwell. I hope that you are on the mend. I can tell you the Cpap machine has made a world of difference to me. I have alot more energy. Yes it takes a while to get used to but worth every minute. The must have been made around Pickering because that is where my sister in law lives, if you ever need the name of the place let me know. Yeah I know like we need more cake?