Saturday, February 16, 2013

FLORIDA DAYS

 My days have been spent knitting while sitting at the pool.  Life is actually speeding up as we only have about five weeks left here on the Panhandle of Florida.  Then we move further south for a month by another pool, but close to a grand son who will be there.

The girls received these snuggies to keep them warm during their snow days in Canada.  They loved them!

You know it's hard knitting for young adults as style is everything.  I also gave Tory a watch which is called a snap watch as it just snaps on the wrist.  She is having her 21st birthday so she got the watch too!  Loved the colour, and the style too!

I have given and sold a few of the said scarves while here which was just a bit more money to buy more wool to make stuff.  I am sick of knitting socks, or maybe just sick of knitting and wish I was quilting.  Bring on spring I say!

I did make a shrug, which was to be a large, but will be lucky if it fits a size zero person as it turned out so small.  Not being an "expert" knitter, I didn't notice the sizing till it was almost finished.  And....to make matters worse I ran out of the edging about two feet from the end.  It might fit an 8 yr. old I swear and she better be skinny!

We also watch dolphins as you can see from the photo which was a lucky shot as I could not see because of the sun.  Lucky me.

Being Canadian, we watch the weather channel.  It is in out DNA I swear, no matter where we are!  So thankful to have missed all the snow and as you can see from the above photo, some people do like it though!  I looked for days at the storms affecting so much of the US and Canada and really was happy to not have to deal with it.


Here in Florida as else where in the world the texting while driving is crazy!  There are people here on vacation who are never far from the dreadful things!  Honestly, what did we ever do before all of this.  I fear we may all grow thumbs and forget how to talk.  I shall be the only person who wishes for a landline phone and hope that someone at the other end knows how to talk!

Downton Abbey is in its two hour finally tomorrow night so I shall be glued to the telly, and dressed for the occasion....just kidding, but I will be glued!




7 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

at least you can knit! I'm lucky to get a plain scarf done. I agree about the texting and talking on phone while driving - moving further south! lucky you, we are still getting some chilly days here and cold nights too - not like Canada though thank goodness :) sounds like you need to bring a sewing machine with you next time.

Jennifer said...

Definitely.....you need a little travelling machine! Wow, those dolphins were certainly close to the shore. People text here too, but I don't think it's quite that bad....more people seem to take and make calls on their cell phones while driving, than text. That does look cold, where was it taken? Your girls look cosy in their cowls!

quilton said...

We just heard this morning that Florida has been hit by a deep freeze. I must admit I'm not sorry to hear it. Its called non-snowbird payback.......LOL. We have had a great winter and one I have thoroughly enjoyed. I love the snow and today the temps are cool but definitely not unbearable. It is so beautiful and white outside this morning. You know, if we still thought in F instead of in C, it would sound downright warm.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

The scarves are lovely - and so happy that everyone like them - it is a chore to find things for young people in fashion.

We've had some rain this winter - but not torrents of it as usual - which is fine - and so far very mild temperatures - nothing like on the east coast - and I'm glad for us.

Your warm sunshine does sound wonderful - we had a sunny day yesterday and it felt so good - but had to be inside to enjoy it - as it was chilly out just yet.

Barb said...

They looked so happy with their scarves, they are wonderful!

Shay said...

Love those scarves Nanci! Sounds like you’ve been knitting like a crazy lady.

Im not much of a texter and my mobile phone rarely gets used. I don’t get the idea of using a phone to do everything including surfing the net. Do I sound like an old grump yet?

Series three of Downton has just started here – Im glued to my TV every Sunday night.

Shirley said...

Your young ladies look delighted with their scarves and the watch. Can't wait till you get back to your cottage and your adventures there. I think life is probably a great adventure wherever you are Nanci.