Saturday, April 27, 2013

NOT QUILTING AT THE COTTAGE

 

While we await the ice to leave our lake,  there has been so little to do in the sense of doing any sewing etc.  I am frustrated, but nothing we can do till nature takes its course.

Many areas of Ontario are flooded, and ice is out, but not at our lake, only daily updates that the ice is still there.

This purse is a cake!  Yes, we went to a birthday party and this was the cake made for the fashionista that we know.  It was made by a friend's mother!  Isn't that amazing?

I, who has nothing to do, surfed Pinterest and found this lovely little sign.  So cute!  I should do one for our dock where I put my boat!

Another photo that I thought was
so cute was this one. It was called BBQ Season!  Oh yeah, we await that for sure.

I have had doctor and dentist appointments.  Don't let anyone tell you that implants don't hurt and that they don't take time.  The time for me is almost two years by the time all the work  is done.  And pain....I could be a spy!

So I am lazing around like this dog.  Life is good at our friends' house which after almost three weeks is  pretty good considering that we are seniors, and pretty established in our ways.  Still, having our own little space in the "cellar" as my friend Mary calls it, is wonderful with sitting room, private bath, and bed so comfy.  Almost like home.

So, we await the thaw!  My sweetie says tomorrow, I say the second of May which is my eldest son's birthday. 

I have bought a new computer, don't need to share anymore, an Acer, at Walmart, for $348.00 how good was that?  And, even though I said that it would never happen to me, a new Iphone which I need a degree today to work, but buttons don't scare me, so I can at least answer the phone and have managed to activate the texting thing...keeping up folks, just keeping up.


4 comments :

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I see you are coping - hope that ice goes out soon. Before long it will be gone and you will be quilting at your little cottage. My friend has that quilting sign on her garage.

I'm glad pinterest has kept you busy - enjoy the new computer. I love my smart phone - just learn a thing or two at a time - you'll love it too.

Anonymous said...

HI Nanci,
Whoopee, will not be long before we are back at the island! We plan on going up on or about the 4th. Have much to show you. looking forward to seeing you, your "Sweetie" and Wilson.
Be careful - there is quite a bit of debris in the lake.
Cheers,
Helen (your P.T.)

thea said...

Not sure this is your FTF post, but I love the pictures you shared, especially the sleeping dog and the dog with the bbq in his mouth. I'm sure it'll melt soon, but that sounds so very cold ...

Crispy said...

Dagnabbit, I'm still not getting your posts showing up in either Google Reader or Bloglovin. I'm just going to have to keep checking in through my blog list.

I hope you have a major warm up and get the rest of that ice outta there. I'm looking forward to the Cottage Posts.

Give Helen a hug from me when you see her :0)

Crispy