Monday, May 6, 2013

ONLY THE LOONS ARE NOISY!

 Honestly, this morning around 5:30, I was awakened by the sound of loons!  Now, I must say, because we are so far out on the lake, you know about six miles, we don't get the loons out here too often.  Well, the lake is calm, the sun was rising and so
were the loons.  It sounded like a chorus, till I remembered that the original name for our lake was "Echo Lake".

I am sure that there was only one or two, but the echoes across the lake were loud enough to awaken me.

What with all the flooding and high water levels, I found the photo of this fabulous floating cottage on Cottage Life.  Don't you just love it?

I found this photo somewhere this weekend while looking for quilt patterns.  This is how I feel this morning after using my sewing machine for the first time in six months!   I sure hope my Monday mornings are NOT going to be like this.  I am so rusty from not sewing 1/4" seams.  Not too rusty for picking though!  Imagine that! 

I have taken a rest from the stress of putting little pieces of fabric together to make big fabric.  Small quilts before the big ones are going to be made till I get my fingers used to the idea of sewing once again!

Quilton posted this on the weekend.  So cute, it must be somewhere.... But I wish I had it at my spot at the marina.



2 comments :

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh - love loons. We have them here in the winter - not lots - but enough that we see them from time to time. Yesterday we were driving by a lake on a winding road - on a bluff - and down below I saw five loons - now that is unusual - but absolutely no place to pull over and cars behind us - and not really a good angle for a shot - and kind of far away - but I have the memory and the picture in my mind.

I'm sure your fingers will be dancing right along with your fabrics and quilts before long. Can't wait to see what fabulous things you make this summer.

Unknown said...

Subject :- Interested In Guest Blogging ???

Hi,

I am a blogger & maintain http://www.seattlehotelsmotels.com/ .If you allow guest blogging I would be glad to write a blog post as a guest blogger. Within the post there would be a single link to my website.
Please let me know if you’re interested. I think you’d be a great fit with our audience, and we’d also like to talk with you about other partnerships.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at ratna.fp@gmail.com

Looking forward to your reply!
Thanks and Regards!
Ratna Sharma