Monday, April 28, 2008


So, here is a photo of my first darling westie, who was wrapped in this lovely butterfly quilt. I can see that it is embroidered, but for the life of me I have no idea what happened to it. The front side was white with of course the butterflies, but the back was in yellows, oranges (who knew) in strips of these colours in variations.
I am looking for it in the family, but want to know if anyone has this. It really was lovely.
It is raining here in Whitby today, cold and damp, so I am going to try to finish the third quilt which is taking so long to quilt.
I also finished taking apart the strippie quilt that looked awful when I attempted to stipple quilt it. So I think I shall do it in "v s" or waves. Don't know which, but I need practice at quilting part.
My brother in law and his wife showed up yesterday and raved about my quilts. He thinks that they will be passed down to generations. Wow. I felt so good.
I am off to quilt.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I saw your post on the quilted Paradise newsletter. It is hard to see but it looks like you have a butterfly quilt from around the 30's as the prints look like feedsack prints. Try looking on ebay for vintage patterns and you may come accross this one, there were many. The back however looks like it was added at a later date. I am only going by the picture but the colors are wrong for the time period. I can't really tell from the picture but it looks like it was blanket stitched appliqued to the background.