Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ANOTHER NEW QUILT!

This is my new quilt, finished yesterday while feeling a bit under the weather! I don't know what happens to me, sometimes I just can't get going for the day. Yesterday was one of those days, so I did the hand finishing on this quilt.





I think it's supposed to be prairie queen? But I didn't put strips in and just combined the white blocks together and it looks good. Not my usual kind of quilt though.





I like using different patterns than this. But since doing the Pat Sloan orange quilt along, I decided to try a few different patterns.





I used only fabrics that I had left over from other projects and managed to make about 65" X 70" which is large for me to make. But I tell you the Janome 6600 that I use has lots of room to make this size and larger! I used a Jeans needle and the batting is bamboo which is a great product to work with. It's softer than the warm and white that I usually use.


I did the back in the same print as in one of the
blocks on the front.

I am also a fan of spraying because I tell you it takes about half the time to put the quilt together.

I am fortunate that I have a large work table to work on and maybe that makes it easier to manoeuver the fabrics. But it takes me about 20 minutes from start to finish, give or take a few minutes.

AND, while I was quilting Jerry is working on an old sideboard that we have had for a few years and want to take it to the cottage this summer. It will sit in the sunroom below the kitchen window. Right now all we have there is small table that we dump everything on. When we have the kids come with all their stuff, we hope that there will be less dumping at the door of the sun room. We'll see. I will post next on the sideboard. It is an antique with the back of it having a 14" pine board. You sure don't see that any more.

I am also quilting the old quilt. I used a block that I had to test how it would look stippled. It's the only way to go with it because I can go over the seams of the blocks and still have it looking good. I will post it when it's done. It's going to look good. Trust me!

7 comments :

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love it, great colors! i wish I had such pretty scraps!

Mary Ann said...

Nanci, I just love your quilt!!!
Beautiful colours!!!
Glad to find your blog, as well!
Have a great day!
Mary Ann

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

oh! I love it when I can use up old fabric. I just never seem to make my storage scrap bins any LESS overflowing... I uses some and I add a lot more back into it.. oh well... the quilt looks great.

Anonymous said...

It looks really good. I always like it when I can use up fabric.

Nanette Merrill said...

Love stash quilts. This one is great.

Wilma Lee said...

It's very pretty!!!

Judi said...

Love the quilt, it looks so beautiful.