Wednesday, April 8, 2009

LETTERS, LETTERS, WE GET LETTERS!


This was the easiest quilt I've ever made. It was a panel that I bought ages ago and just couldn't decide what to do with the back.
Well it was decided when I saw the yellow check fabric I got from Mary. Perfect and I put it together yesterday. 4 bobbins is what it took to stipple this in yellow. Mary was over the moon happy with this. It's for a baby shower she is going to.
I hate to harp on the weather, but lordy, it's just awful! We've had more snow. Not a lot but just enough to make it slushy when walking in the park...with dogs, they get really wet. I took a ball to throw and it ended up picking up snow and it turned into a little snowball. Talk about a confused dog!
My friend Dawn has returned from Florida. Great! I'm happy to have a luncheon partner once again. We meet every week before we go to play bridge and do girl talk. It just doesn't get any better than that!
Planning my Easter dinner has become almost a daily chore of lists of what to do and what to have. It's decided...prime rib, roast potatoes, green beans, and of course sweet potatoes. I always make a cheesy brocolli casserole for any family function. Also for desert, pumpkin pie is on the menu as it's my sweetie's favorite, but what else has not been decided. It's looking good for now.
Today is bridge day.. I'm looking forward to it.

7 comments :

Crispy said...

Hooray for finding a project for the yellow check fabric, the quilt is very cute!!

Crispy

PS - I'm coming to your house for supper on sunday LOL.

PSS - Wanna share your brocolli recipe????

Barb said...

I love the quilt as well...and I love broccoli cheese cassarole......

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That is so very cute. Just the thing for a baby.

Your dinner sounds grand. We are going to our youngest daughter's house for brunch on Easter.

Amanda Jean said...

the quilt is wonderful! and your dinner sounds so very good.

Jocelyn said...

How fun to have a lunch partner. Hope she enjoyed her time in Florida. We had a couple of cold days, but it should warm by the weekend. This year's weather has really been crazy!

Lindsey said...

Very cute quilt!! I'm dying to learn to play bridge...so glad you have your bud back!

Anonymous said...

I like the quilt. Very bright and happy.