Monday, August 10, 2009

MODA JELLY ROLL ON THE MOVE!



A few weeks ago I bought a couple of Jelly Rolls !




One of them, Oh Cherry Oh! I am making nine patch with Crazy Mom Quilts, and the other.....




is what you see here. It's called Swanky Chez Moi...so very french don't you think? Anyway, here's what I did.




I sewed all 40 pieces of the Jelly together, well eight at a time. Then I cut these into 8" strips and joined all pieces together. I positioned them

so as not to have all the colours straight across by

taking two from one bottom, four from the next

and so on till I had them all lined up looking

good.



I then cut out 5" strips of white fabric and joined
the strips together. Now here is my "little"
problem.....I want to make it bigger than the
about 67" wide that I currently will have when it's finished with just white borders.


I want to add about 15" on each side. Do you think it would look like that's what I did? Of course I should have bought two Jellies, but I didn't. I am thinking of using one of the colours from the strips and adding that to the sides. What do you think?




I just love how this turned out and coins are such a quick and easy quilt to make. I couldn't believe how quickly it came together. I do have lots of white that I could use for more border, but that would be too much white. Help...suggestions please.



We had rain of course and today it's so very humid that my sweetie is having a hard time moving around. He really feels the humidity...Me? not too much. It's better than cold. So now it's Monday and it looks like another couple of days of high humidity and thunder storms...what else is new for us this summer heh? Then we are looking at next seven days of absolutely wonderful summer weather....it's still good because we are at the cottage dot calm!






































Post a Comment