Friday, August 7, 2009

WHAT'S IN IT?


My friend Dawn and her husband came to visit for a few days. Dawn has done a panel baby quilt for a nephew and had 3 more babies born in her family so the request was for more baby quilts.
Since she doesn't quilt much....she can stipple and so we stippled these panels, labled them and they will be mailed to the children tomorrow.
Here she is with our birthday boy Wilson who was 4 years old yesterday...The child we never had says our daughter, don't you know... Dawn has had trouble with arthritis in her thumbs so I did some of the hand work and she was sewing the labels.
She brought the favorite appetizer recipe of all time! Sunshine.....this one's for you! Dawn's sister Monica is not known as a "cook" persay, however for years whenever there was a family do Monica would appear with a little casserole, and we would wait while it was baked and then this little gem would be devoured immediately! Now, she, being that this was about the only thing she could cook, well she could order chinese and add a few things to it and make it her own.....you know what I mean?
Dawn and I begged her for years for the "What's In It" recipe....finally after about 10 years and I mean 10 years she gave us the recipe as she was tired of bringing it all the time and it was time for someone else to "cook". Ok here it is...
WHAT'S IN IT-----AKA....MONICA'S RECIPE
1 CUP MINCED FRESH ONION
1 CUP HELLMAN'S MAYO
1 CUP GRATED CHEDDER CHEESE
MIX INGREDIENTS TOGETHER, SPRAY A SMALL DISH
TO FIT INGREDIENTS....BAKE 25 MINUTES @ 350
Serve with bagel chips or such.
ABSOLUTELY YUMMY!
I can tell you that no one will ever guess what you put in it and there will be nothing left over.
There will be a fight to lick the dish! Try it for your next little group of friends and let me know how everyone wanted the recipe....don't give it out...it's our secret!
Have a great weekend.

8 comments :

Crispy said...

Oooo yummy sounding dip, gonna have to make it. Happy Birthday Wilson!!

Crispy

Carol E. said...

Really? Just those 3 ingredients? Sounds iffy to me. I'm not a fan of gobs of mayo. Is it real "mayo-y"?

Unknown said...

That's why we call it "What's In It". it is truly very very yummy....you all know I only post yummy recipes...right?

blushing rose said...

Here goes more 'junk in my trunk'! Sounds dee-lish ... anything with cheese I'll try. TY for sharing. TTFN ~Marydon

Sunshine said...

I absolutely LOVE that you post a recipe on an open blog and say "don't give it out" - smile's still on my face ;)

There's a similar dip for artichokes: mayo (1/2 c.) - parmesan (1 c.) - artichokes (1 can): blend and bake same as yours, delish!

Jennifer said...

Birthday hugs to Wilson!

Lindsey said...

I'm guessing that dip isn't heart healthy! Ha ha! Sounds like you and Dawn make a good quilting team, that is so much fun to have a pal visit for a few days....tell, tell, tell more about that sewing table...is it make for Janomes? Also, I loved your post on the whole water skiing thing....looked like so much fun...
Your brain is just right....the cottage is the perfect medicine for anything.
I'm going to fix up my "cottage" with all of your bright ideas...Thanks Nanci...have a great day and enjoy that beautiful view!
Lindsey

Dorothy said...

Hi Nanci, I've just discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you for posting that recipe, it sounds delicious!