Friday, March 12, 2010

FRIDAY FLUFF AND STUFF!





It's almost cottage time. Yes, that time of year is dawning and I have started thinking of what I shall do this coming season at the lake.



I think the mild weather we've been having has made me jump the gun a bit though because when we did go a bit north this past week there was still snow on the ground in a lot of areas.


.

When I took this photo last year I had no idea that it would turn out so well and that when I look at it, it makes me yearn for the peaceful life there.



.

So, I've opened the first binn to start packing up "stuff", napkins, placemats, new sheets, pillowcases to start.

I always take quilts back and forth and this year will not be an exception. I need my quilts close to me.



.

Yesterday while doing not much I went to a site that my friend Helen recommended. It's called Pink Paper Peppermints and has great crafting ideas. The blog is very cute in design too.
.
Then I dropped in to Sew Many Ways which is always always fun to see what Karen comes up with for her Tool Time Tuesday ideas. Never has she failed to make me wonder where she gets these ideas and sometimes I even laugh outloud as she can be so funny.
.
I don't know why but I seem to find Australian blogs when surfing around. What's with that? They are a small country, similar to Canada in population, but I find them more than Canadian blogs...Stitcherydo is one that is quite fun.
.
I think that it is hard to have so many followers and have a blog that takes on a life of its own. Crazy Mom quilts comes to mind as one that did and then she just couldn't keep up the pace that maybe we put on her. I do miss her blog sometimes.
.
All the blogs on my blogroll I visit regularly which inspires me so often, even those that hand quilt...gee they make it look so easy too! So to all of you and all the others that I don't know, thanks...it's always nice to have coffee with you before I start my day.

11 comments :

Patchmaker said...

Lovely quilty picture, Nanci!
We don't have any snow here, but I'm told you don't have to go far to find some, so for now I'm resisting the urge to go to the shore. Soon though!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that photo just makes a person want to find out where that lake is and go sit in that chair and cuddle with the quilt. It is early to go to the cabin though isn't it - must be quite chilly there still.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Pokey said...

Your photo does look inviting, Nanci! it is no wonder you are having thoughts of returning soon.

Lisa Marie said...

Hello from another Canadian Quilt Blogger ;)
Found your blog awhile back and Love to read it! Thanks for sharing your photos and stories!
Lisa
http://scrapsofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

Quiltgal said...

Georgeous Quilt and pnhoto. I think I would have it enlarged and framed for my sewing room.

Crispy said...

Such a serene picture Nanci, I can see why you are yearning to head out again. I do remember a couple of snow/sleet events last year, I hope this doesn't happen again this year LOL.

Crispy

Sue-Anne said...

What a beautiful picture. No wonder you cant wait to return there.

I'm glad you are visiting Australia lots!

Rose Marie said...

A lovely photo and .... yes .... hurry up spring and summer!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

That is how I feel a cup of joe and friends!
Love the picture and I know you cannot wait to be there! It should not be to long now!!

Jennifer said...

You must be counting down the days until you can go back to your cottage - no wonder, with a view like that.

Unknown said...

Too true Nanci. I'd do nothing else all day if I caught up on every blog I like but cause I live alone there's noone to grumble if I spend an hour now and again catching up with ideas and beautiful blogs. the cottage sounds lovely. I hope you get heaps done.