Tuesday, May 25, 2010

NOW, WOULD YOU BE SEWING WITH THIS KIND OF WEATHER?

Now who would sew with this kind of weather? It's like
summer....the summer we haven't had for three years
here in Ontario.


The weekend was all bliss weather, in the mid 80s, the sun was shining, light winds, therefore the lake went to about 60 degrees....at the top 5 inches the swimmers told me!

Now, I just couldn't get my head into thinking about sewing. It was just not to be. I even tried to honestly lay out the geese, but it was too hot.

It's still so hot today and therefore, I am relaxing totally as we are planning our first trip to Dorset for our first shopping trip of the season. Yes, we need food after the weekend!

We also need water! Our lake is clean enough to drink from, but the taste just isn't sweet so we go to the spring well that the town provides.

I do count my blessings in life that we are still able to be here!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments :

Shirley said...

It all looks so idyllic Nanci and with the temperature soaring the water must be very welcome for a dip. Too hot to sew. Same here for a change.
Phew.
Shirley.x

Deb said...

I would be there in a flash with a bathing suit and riding the intertube behind that boat that is docked...it looks amazing.. the best time for me is in the morning.. are you hearing the Loons??

Leslie said...

you are so so lucky to be at such a beautiful place. i can imagine that the beauty and the great weather would be distracting.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'd be out in the rowboat - paddling around on the lake - or sitting on the dock drinking iced tea - or enjoying tea and cookies on the deck - anything but sewing - that is for the rainy days. Enjoy!!!!!

Barb said...

Yes...you are so lucky to be where you are....so peaceful and beautiful!

Sandra Henderson said...

WOW! IT's beautiful there! I'm sitting in my studio with the A/c's (note plural) running in our house. TOO HOT to sew, but doing it anyway... I forget that you probably don't have A/C's. You know, I find that I get more done in the summers here due to being iside, kind of like your winters up north.... Keep the lovely photos coming!! Just beautiful! I've got one more shopping trip to do before my retreat on June4th. It will be put on a boat and then brought to this side, so I'm glad I don't have to lift and tote i tall as many times as I'd normally have to. :)

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Could there be a more beautiful place to be? Looks absolutely perfect.

Sue-Anne said...

It looks perfect. You certainly have a little piece of Paradise.

Shay said...

That looks so inviting.

Winter starts next week here in Australia. I miss the sun already....and you guys will hog it until at least November...

Crispy said...

Oh so beautiful Nanci!! How wonderful to actually have summer like weather.

Crispy

Carol E. said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! Can I pretend I'm your daughter and come live there for the summer?