Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WE ARE HEADING HOME!



We are heading home tomorrow for our granddaughter's operation. So today will be spent putting things in order, getting our garbage ready to put in the boat and closing up for a few days.

The tumor which is benign is being removed at a radiology clinic in Toronto and we are taking her. It's a long operation I'm told, but just day surgery.

After all this, the recovery should be speedy and she will be back on her feet and putting 100% effort in her training program.

It's been a long haul to determine the growth and the pain. So it's being removed!

We have been having such incrdible weather, but it does have a downside. This past winter there was little snow up in the lake area, hence, not too much of a run off to our lake.

The photo actually is a tributory of a lake higher up
than ours and usually the waterfall (see below) is roaring
at this time of year.


Well it's just trickling down like it was the middle of July this year. So for all the good there is always a bad I suppose.








You can see the waterfall on the right side of the photo that is coming off the upper photo. It is usually just roaring down at this time of year.



The kids walk up there to just hear and see the roaring of the waterfall at Bear Lake. The upper part is called part of Livingston Lake in this area and they dump into ours, which is Kawagama Lake.


It is always an adventure to go there with the kids and I used to be able, like them, climb to the top and just wonder at the beauty around us.

The other photo is of our wonder dog Wilson who loves the boat ride and the excursion of the visit to the waterfall but we put the "boat coat" on him. It's easier
to control him and he knows there is a trip when he
sees the red life jacket.


I have a new blog for you to look at to just make us all that blog know that we quilters are a special breed; the cumberland island quilt chick (what a name) is on my blog roll and her photos are very amazing as well as her writings.

Isn't it something when someone connects with you, you connect with them and the links are all over the world?

Each and everyone that I visit is always so fun in the mornings when having coffee, seeing what each person has done, how their day is going and each day is a discovery! Visit Cumberland Island seen through her eyes.




19 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good luck to your granddaughter and hope all goes as planned for the surgery.
Wonderful scenery you have even if the water is lower than normal.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barb said...

Best wishes for your granddaughter, hope she has a speedy recovery. She is absoutely lovely.
Loved the pictures....have a safe travel.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Wishing the best for your granddaughter and a speedy recovery!
I love that doggie life jacket. Wilson's a stylin' dog!

Shirley said...

Will be thinking of you and your family and wishing you all well. Love Wilson in his smart red coat. My friend has a little westie called Alec and they are just adorable dogs. Have met Sandra this week and you are right her blog is great and I am with you, blogging is amazing.
Love Shirley.x

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

The best to your granddaughter - and thanks for the link to the new blog.

Sunshine said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed all is going well with your granddaughter's OP!

Val - Apple Cottage said...

All the very best for your gorgeous grand daughter. Hope and trust it all goes well. Wilson is adorable.

piecesofpatti said...

Praying that all goes well for your granddaughter!

Patchmaker said...

Hope all goes well for your granddaughter!

(Tell Wilson he's a cutie)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wishing her a speedy recovery

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

wishing all the best for your beautiful granddaughter and hope that all goes as planned for the surgery and fast recovery.

Sue-Anne said...

Good luck with your granddaughter. I will be thinking of you.

Wilson is adorable!!!! I don't think I have "met" him before. He looks so cute in his lifejacket.

Crispy said...

Best Wishes to your Grand Daughter. I hope all goes well and she heals VERY quickly.

Crispy

Anonymous said...

It's a small world. We passed by Kawagama Lake on our way to McQuaby Lake last weekend (near North Bay). The lake levels are really low everywhere this year.
I hope all goes well for your Granddaughter!

Sandra Henderson said...

Oh my... I am honored! I come to visit you and find you are talking about ME! :)
(blushing and tears in my eyes) Thank you so much for your sweet compliments. It means so much to me.
I will say a prayer for your grand daughter. I know she will fine and you are wise to do this now. She's still young and will heal quickly and any scaring will be at a minimum.
Your Wilson is a cutie! Reminds me of how my two know the "B" word (BEACH!) lol They will get all excited when they hear this word or see me putting on my shoes. :)
Lovely waterfall and photos. Be safe traveling, my island friend. XO

Pokey said...

Praying all went well, Nanci.

Penny said...

I haven't had time to check my fave's in the past few days. I do hope your beautiful grand daughter has complete recovery. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Rose Marie said...

Prayers for your granddaughter and I hope that sugery and recovery will all go well.

Micki said...

Best of luck to your grandaughter. I am sure that she will love your coming home to be with her.
Micki