Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MY LITTLE COTTAGE STUDIO





I'm always reading of quilting studios! Well at the cottage this is mine! I've packed everything except batting into those four little suitcase and try to keep this corner tidy....ha!

Some days it looks like a tornado has been through it, other days there is some semblance of order.

I am forever going through the cases and tidying, sorting and just plain trying to remember what is in what.

Next year, I am hoping for a little chest to just throw
everything in, but the suitcases which are now hard
to find in goodwill etc have been around for years.

I used to have the gold one full of jewelry when the
grandkids were little. Eventually the jewelry
dwindled down to a few pieces and the kids grew up.

I had one full to the brim with lego that I picked up
here and there. Many pieces were borrowed of
course and now all those pieces are in a plastic
bin, the suitcase being valuable for fabrics only.

The grandkids were a bit disappointed when I moved all the craft stuffs, the drawing papers from one of them. The rule was you used the top for the table...it has many marks of drawings that blue one.

Oh well, life moves on.

The little quilt that you see is one done by the daughter of a friend who has a blog called Craft Addictions, which for some reason I had trouble getting it up on my roll. Try...http://www.tuscanydesign.net/craftbook and hopefully you will see Claire's lovely craft stuffs, and a few quilts. She has some cute craft ideas on the blog for those of us who might want to make some gifts.

I love this quilt....It's simple, it's cute and Claire says I inspired her to blog! What a girl!

It's a rainy day here although the weather is supposed to be great for the pot luck day. I'm going to rest up and sew the nine patches together....I hope. My girlfriend Cathy who was visiting from Florida has left after visiting for the past four days. We shared over 30 yrs of memories....once again!

14 comments :

Leslie said...

those suitcases are a great place to keep fabric!!!

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Love your studio! The suitcases are a great idea for keeping fabric/supplies. Glad you had a nice time w/ your friend from Florida too : )

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Cabin + Quilts = peace, joy, and a a little, I wish I was there....
;-)

Twisted Quilts said...

That looks like a wonderful place to sew. At the beach I use the big table where we eat. I have a great view of the ocean.

Jocelyn said...

Love the suitcases! It looks like a great place to sew and create :-)

Crispy said...

It's lovely that you have your little corner for creating. Are you getting a good response for the pot luck?

Crispy

Susan In Texas said...

Great space. Love all those windows!

Susan in Texas

Jennifer said...

What a lovely light corner you have! It certainly looks tidy to me.

Susan Tidwell said...

Love the litte pinwheel quilt! thanks for stopping by.

Quiltgal said...

What a great place to sew.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the publicity Nancy!! Claire/Craft Addiction.

Micki said...

What a neat studio! I love that quilt...so cute!
Micki

Barb said...

What a lovely studio....just love it!

Sandra Henderson said...

What an inspirational studio! So nice to have those memories of your suitcases. I shall have to find some and make memories with my grandchildren. Great idea! Lovely quilt! Oh how gorgeous your home is...