Friday, July 23, 2010

PAN AMERICAN GAMES...

Well our grandson has made the team to go to the
Pan American Games in October, in Mexico City!

Now do you think I've been able to do anything but cry with joy? He's just an amazing kid who has such a talent and at 15 he will be the youngest member of the Canadian team!

Enough said of how proud we are. I just wanted to share this with my blogging "family". We are all so close that we do weddings, graduations, baptisms, or whatever else tickles our fancy.

Another great kid this summer is the grandson of my "private" teacher who is playing lacrosse for the provincial team here in Ontario....don't you think that family is proud too?

Don't you all have something to cheer about this summer? Be it just a little bit of news or big event stuff, we are always happy to know a bit about our lives in our journals.

The granddaughter has had her second radiation treatment on her tumor and is responding well. A bit stiff but she is back training and coaching too. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the third time will not be required.

Back at the lake, there appears to have been some pretty big storms around and some of the plants took a bit of a beating, though still standing.

I finished a little quilt today which is sort of a crib quilt and I'll be sending it off to the granddaughter of a friend who had a "miracle" baby girl...see all kinds of good stuff happening this week!

I'm putting the nine patch together starting tomorrow. It'll be as you saw in the last post...looks better now that I do see it after almost a week. I'm putting a six inch sashing around it all and using white on the backside too. White is might!

Then, I'm going to work on using my walking foot on the Janome. I gotta tell you though, I sure have a hard time following directions! It took me a half hour of putting the stupid thing together! I know how it works now, so bring on the spring quilt! I'm ready!

12 comments :

Michele said...

Always fun hearing about teens and success. It's such a hard time for some, but others sail right through it and outdo themselves. Best of wishes to your granddaughter. Sounds like progress is being made on all fronts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Congratulations to the grandson and I wish your granddaughter well too.
I haven't even taken out the crib quilt to work on still - maybe one day soon and maybe it will stay in the cupboard until we get home!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jennifer said...

Likewise, congratulations to those talented young folk! Good to hear that your granddaughter is progressing well too.

Crispy said...

Oh how exciting!!!! I would be crying with joy too!!!

Nothing really good happening here, mostly bummer stuff like computer woes and I found out that my 16yo nephew & 13 yo niece won't be coming out for a visit. They are like my practice grandchildren and I was sooooo looking forward to the visit.....like I said "BUMMER!!"

Crispy

Barb said...

That is so exciting, and so glad you consider us friends that you want to share this good news with us....

Anya said...

Congratulations to your grandson and it's good to hear about your granddaughter's progress!

Unknown said...

Oh how wonderful for your family Nanci. Congratulations! I miss being so close to my two girls but they both got jobs this summer so we have to go to them! I'm so nproud of them too, one entering college, (can I be that old?) and one in last year of High School!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh such wonderful new, you proud grandma!! I will will be sending good thoughts for your grand-daughter.

Micki said...

Congratulations on the news about your granchildren...Wonderful hearing it all!
Micki

Sue-Anne said...

Congratulations to your grandson - what an achievement and I can understand how proud you must be. Good luck with your granddaughter's leg and I hope this will be the last treatment for her.
Have fun with the walking foot!

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Nanci - fabulous news!! What an accomplishment for your grandson. Hoping too that your granddaughter's treatment on her leg is successful. Thanks for sharing!

Shay said...

Nanci- congratulations on all your fabulous news and for beating that walking foot into submission.