Thursday, December 30, 2010

APRONS, THE HIT OF THE DAY!




About four days before Christmas, my friend Mary, where we spent the day,suggested that her daughter Michelle would just love an apron!

We looked a aprons at the stores, we decided that we wanted more funky styles and would make them for the
girls, Kelly, Michelle, and Carolyn who
is my son Martin's significant other!

As you can see, the girls loved the gifts.
They thought we had bought them! Imagine!
.
Anyway, as I made the aprons, I started to experiment with the pattern, finally making two that are completely reversable and just so cute!
.
We used retro sheets that Mary found
last summer, some of the little stash
I had and made three . The first one I
just didn't like the look of it so it was
discarded and used as a template of
what I didn't want.
.
We sadly have no photo of Carolyn (who was deathly ill with the flu) whose apple pie would have completed her June Cleaver look, but we got Courtney to pose for the photo op in the orange apron. Note please the last, the very last of the orange dots!
.
I tell you this was such fun to do, Mary picked out the fabrics, I sewed with gusto to say the least, but the best part was the girls' reactions.
.
They love them!

I was reading on Jane's blog that she is redoing her sewing area, well that's what I've been doing too! I made a new ironing board cover. Mine must be about 25 yrs old, but it was like a hot pad and I loved it! I kept it underneath the new one that I made from a sheet...again a goodwill find. My little corner in the basement looks ready for projects.

Happy New Year everyone...you certainly have been a godsend this year, specially with my recovery from surgery. My leg is still a bit longer than I'd like, but I'm walking pain free!

Thank you all!




10 comments :

Crispy said...

The aprons are beautiful!! Oh Nanci, to hear you are walking pain free is fantastic!!!!!

Crispy

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my goodness the one with the light hair looks so much like your photos. I'm glad you are getting around - you will be running up the steps to the cottage from the lake this spring when you go back.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love the aprons, and I can see so do the girls. I will miss your orange dots!!!

Marg said...

So pleased to hear you are walking pain free, wonderful!
The aprons are gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

Your aprons are such fun - and the last of the orange dots has been used very nobly! Best wishes for 2011.

Shay said...

Nanci theyre so gorgeous and pretty! Everytime I see that orange dot of yours I think about how pretty it is. Im sad to see the last of it.

Have a fabulous start to 2011. Talk to you next year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful aprons! Well done Nanci. I'll call soon.
Hugs to you both!
Helen

Harmony Hopes Studio said...

My goodness "the come back of the apron". Imagine. Will get my parcel off to you soon. Happy New Year's Nanci!!!

Barb said...

The aprons are just adorable....and the smiles are soooooo worth it!

Nanette Merrill said...

The aprons are so darling, I especially love the yellow one. I need to make more. I love aprons. Cute post. Cute pics.