Tuesday, January 18, 2011

BEST KNEE REPLACEMENT EXERCISES!


Surprised that we are home already?  I am...but everything went amazingly well on Thursday morning, so well that we were home by Sunday!

Can you imagine any of this sort of operation 20 years ago?  Not I...

The patient is trying to be pleasant...he does have some issues with the nursing care he is getting.  I told him I wasn't a Florence Nightingale type...he now believes me!

Actually, the exercise program is the best thing going and having the walker to help with movement is an amazing device.  The patient is using the wheel walker, unlike me who used the 2 wheeler and almost bounced the photos off the walls!

So this is just an update to say that all is well.  The video (if it works) was sent to me by a friend who has a wonderful sense of humour!

Sorry, just couldn't remove the second video!  I tried to delete it too.

9 comments :

Shannon said...

Very cute video. It is amazing how "fun" changes things. I am glad the patient is doing well. Men can be such babies sometimes. I hope he does not turn out to be one. Now is the time for you to repay all of the service he gave you.

Penny said...

I am impressed with your DH. Now Nancy, we may have to work on your Florence skills. LOL.
Keep up the good work the two of you.

Unknown said...

Well I missed your last post, so I didn't realize your poor darling had a knee replacement!!!
Now let me say this about that!!! Hee Hee
You tell that man I feel so sorry for him...I had it a year and a half ago, and a knee is a way harder than a hip, I know his pain, and frankly he deserves a better nurse than you!!!! Poor Baby!! A Hip, that's nothing but the pain after the Knee. OMG I feel for him. Poor Poor Baby!! Now you start waiting on that Man ....hand and foot!!! March young Lady!!! LOL

Shay said...

That video WAS fun!

Glad the patient is home and things seem to be progressing well. I used to be a nurse... emphasis on the used to be. I've never been good at doing nursy type things at home.

Susan In Texas said...

Awesome video!

Whenever people want me to nurse them (I'm sooo not a nurse) I quote Tolkien at them: "Look not to me for healing, for I am a shieldmaiden, and my hand is ungentle!" -Eowyn

Good luck with the exercises. My grandmother-in-law had one of her knees replaced at age 92. She still does her rehab exercises every day. She's 99 now. Her doctor told her that he has no one to compare her to, and to just keep doing whatever it is she's doing because it is clearly working!

Happy healing,
Susan in Texas

Sunshine said...

Very cool ad, I sent it on to some of my friends!
I love how you're describing your care-giving ;) Sounds also like it was worth seeing you roll around in a wheel chair! Best of healing to your hubby.
Cheers,
Christine

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I love the piano stairs, and would probably use them more. BUT - I have a question...I want to receive your post updates via e-mail. I don't see that option, I only see GFC updates. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

Barb said...

I am so glad that your husband is doing well and he does have the best of care!!!

Rose said...

LOL loved this video!