Friday, January 21, 2011

MY FAVOURITE THINGS FRIDAY....DOING NOTHING.

I tell you that there are days when I just don't feel like doing anything.  I wake up sometimes with lots of ambition, but once the coffee has been brewed and drunk...I'm done for the day!

Today, I just wanted to do what the leopard was doing....so I did.  Well almost because being Florence Nightingale has taken up a bit of my days, and my poor sweetie is huffing and puffing at his therapy in the hopes that he survives my care....it's ok though as Sewlmate Sister Ruth has given me the lecture of a lifetime to be NICE...I am being nice....it's hard on me but the endeavour will win me points later on.

I did work on the quilt that I started last summer, Eleanor Burns' Spring Fling or something like that. I just want to be done with it and move on.

Barb sent me a lovely jelly roll when I was on the mend and I bought some fabric, I have a top done that I had to do because the above noted quilt was driving me crazy!  Queen size quilts are hard to manoeuvre on a sewing machine, so I had to do something to not go crazy.

So that's why today, I did nothing and now I feel guilty.  Happy?

15 comments :

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I'll have to check and see what the Eleanor Burns Spring Fling looks like. I have to admit, I'm new to quilting, and the few I have made have been struggles from beginning to end EXCEPT for the Eleanor Burns Log Cabin quilt I made. That one was sheer joy! I couldn't believe how easy, and how fast that quilt assembled. It was my first, and only, Log Cabin quilt, but hopefully not my last. So now you have me curious about the Spring Fling quilt. I need to go check it out.

Marg said...

Love the pic of the cheetah, i know exactly what you mean.

Deborah in Atlanta said...

Hmmmm...not finding Spring Fling by Eleanor Burns. Now you have my curiosity up.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I love days like that - and you deserve one every once in a while - don't feel guilty!

Shay said...

Doing nothing is a direct result of having had to do lots of somethings before the period of doing nothing. And it's actually good for you to do nothing every now and then.

I rarely do nothing- and when I do I also feel guilty...why is that ?

Hope the paitent is holding up well- Im sure you're doing an excellent job of being Florence!

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Feeling guilty seems to be a common problem for us women. Sometimes I envy that men can take time out and it doesn't seem to bother them. We need to take time off sometimes to have energy and enthusiasm for the next day.

thea said...

Sounds just like me, especially when I get up early to try and get things done .. love the leopard pic.

Shannon said...

Don't feel guilty. Our time is what we make of it. If you don't get to the list or your goals one day or even a few it is ok. I figure I am going to be able to quilt to my hearts content after I die. LOL!

Kate said...

Glad you had a chance to do nothing, it's a rare thing these days. I feel guilty too when I don't do what I think I'm supposed to. Wonder if Val is right, that it's a problem for us women?

Sarah Craig said...

Some days you just have to lie like broccoli.....

Quiltgal said...

Don't feel guilty we all have days like that. Send that puppy to a long armer and move on to the nest one.

Sunshine said...

I would love to see that big cat being startled, snicker snicker... yes, I have an evil streak, but just imagine the scramble to get its legs up on the branch ;)

Micki said...

We all need days like that...they are so nice!
Micki

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Yep, that's some kitty! Don't let these recuperation days get you down--you'll get there yet.

Barb said...

Oh...I just love that picture, that is me...totally...don't know if I am going to get up and move today...HA!!