Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WISTERIA VINES...

Here in Canada there is only one of the wisteria types that grows.  It is call Lawrence.

My daughter Kel has the most amazing one that grows on her arbour.

The flowers are about 2 ft or more in places...absolutely georgous.  The flowering season is also short, about ten days.  But the splendor they afford is fabulous.

I'm sorting stuff out here at the soon to be official residence.  We have a tonne of garbage going to the dump today so that we will make room for more stuff.

I'm still not quite able to sit with the foot down for an extended period of time, but hopefully next week I can start quilting.   I have most of my quilting stash here with the final batch coming this weekend of course.

I've been so laid up that exercising just hasn't been possible.  However, in the past couple of weeks, I've cut out floured items only and this morning was able to fit into a pair of capris that I've not worn in two years.   Wahoo!  I'm so proud of myself....and they fit comfortably too!  Even better.

We have a border collie that has arrived on our doorstep about an hour ago.  A sweet dog.  It's a good thing the kids aren't here, they'd be begging to keep him.  He's well fed with a collar and someone must be working on the island so he's found us. 

We are heading into the city to finish our packing.  It's hard letting go of precious items isn't it?

4 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love Wisteria - it is so pretty, I have none but I know of various places that I drive by that have them - in fact some places here there is a variety that is wild and grows up trees and on power poles.
You will have your feet under you in know time at all - I have to exercise more and get rid of an inch or so around the waistline - I know the good feeling when you say the Capri's fit well now.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Shay said...

I love wisteria . There's something old worldy, and charmingly romantic about it.

Maybe I should give up flour for a few weeks...but I dont think I have that kind of will power. I love bread too much!

I think you can always find room for the things you love Nanci. Dont be too quick to let those precious items go.

Jennifer said...

Wisteria is beautiful - so pretty, for such a short time! Making packing decisions is so difficult. We found it was easier to sort when we were unpacking, than when we were packing.

Crispy said...

I didn't know that there were any wisterias that handled cold weather. I wish I had an arbor to grow one up!! When we packed up and moved, my mantra was, "Have I used this in the last 6mos-1yr? If not donate or toss." This does not apply to fabrics however LOL.

Congrats on getting into those capris!!

Crispy