Friday, June 10, 2011

FAVOURITE THINGS FRIDAY...MATCHING SHOES!

 Ok, for the past 7 weeks, I've been wearing missmatched shoes because of the foot operation.



Well, today is my day to put my feet in matching shoes.  No more of the orthopedic sandal to keep my toes straight, no more foot so swollen that
I didn't want to go out in public (oh I
did though)  looking like a dork.

The shoes that match are geox.  I dream of wearing something as simple as those.


This beauty sandal is Italian and would be comfortable don't you think, without breaking my neck.
But, this is the one that would break my neck and is probably the reason that I endured seven weeks of discomfort, wearing an ugly toe apparatus to correct the problem that I created in my wild and crazy days when I had at least two dozen pairs of high heeled shoes!  

Only in my dreams now ladies....only in my dreams.

7 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't worn shoes like that in a zillion years!! love the look but my toes never could stand heels for long - I wear 1 inch stacked heels about once a year or so and that is it!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barb said...

Well.....I am sure you feel awesome to be able to wear regular shoes...that last pair would put me back in orthopedic shoes.

Jennifer said...

Flats for me these days....when I was young and slender (and a bit silly) I used to wear high shoes, but not now.

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

I love my high heels, but they're for dressy occasions these days. Glad to know you can match your shoes again. Hope your feet are feeling very happy today. :)

Crispy said...

I'm soooo excited for you!!! A girl can look like a dork for only so long ROFL. I once wore shoes like that....I had a love affair with all shoes at Nordstroms and had quite the collection. Now if I can't wear tennis shoes, I don't go :0)

Crispy (who's heart still goes pitty pat walking by the shoe section at Nordstroms)

Shay said...

Hey matching shoes is a great start! I bet you didnt look as dorky as you think you did anyway.

I must admit I prefer comfort over fashion these days and rarely wear anything with a bigger than 1.5 inch heel. Maybe that makes me a dork?

Enjoy your same shoed feet Nanci!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Three cheers for happy feet. I wear mostly lace up shoes these days--arthritis.