Monday, July 4, 2011

WEEK END WONDERS! GREAT WEATHER.

We had fabulous weather this passed weekend.  You know that usually weather is so fleeting that long week ends end up with rain....didn't happen so we taught this young man who is one of our granddaughter's best friend and originally from the Ukraine how to water ski.  He got up on the first try!

He had amazing fun and actually
skied around the island and the lake
was rough too.  He is also a kayaker
and used to taking instructions from
his coaches, so this was easy peasy
for him.
Our cottage was a behive of activity for three whole days.  Last night after all visitors had left and all cottage visitors on the lake had also left, it was very very quiet.

We are heading home for a few days to finish up the house closing then we return to our now permanent home!  New adventures begin.

I am going to cover a piece of foam four inches thick.  Of course I shall get ideas from Helen regarding instructions, but anyone with an idea as to an easy way to make this 45"X20X4 would be great.  I did buy a piece of poly to cover the foam, but that's as far as I got.   I'm also not good at the zipper thing, but will do my best.

See you in a few days.  Isn't summer weather great?  And the Aussies are in their winter...

5 comments :

Barb H said...

Some of the best memories of my childhood were vacations at the lake. It always seemed as tho normal life was suspended and replaced by a magical sense of fun and freedom. When I read your blog, Nanci, I'm reminded of those days.

Shay said...

Sure...rub the winter thing in .It's FREEZING here!

Actually I know winter for you this year kind of stunk a lot so I'm not going to begrudge you some sunhsine now. I hope you get walm balmy days until at least October.(see-Im nice like that!)

Am I missing something? What are you planning to do with the foam?

Jennifer said...

It's not so bad here today but the next few days are supposed to be v-e-r-y chilly.......I'll think of you, at the lake in sunshine!

Crispy said...

I loved water skiing as a kid. I was always so sad that I could never do a single ski....now I'm too old LOL.

Our holiday weekend was sunny too, very nice for a change :0)

Crispy

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh such fun!! yes, I just love the summer!! Glad you had a great time!