Tuesday, October 11, 2011

THE DAY AFTER THE FEAST!

 When we have Thanksgiving dinner at my friend Mary's house, the table is always set beautifully.  The lovely napkin set up was so nice that grandson Jeremy just didn't want to spoil the look by taking it apart.  The black ribbons on the napkins was perfect!

My sweetie carved the turkey while I supervised of course, and twenty pounds
of carved meat went quite quickly along
with all the fixins' as they say.

Pumpkin pie ala mode or whipped cream with apple crisp topped off the dinner.

We were all moaning about how full we were of course which says that the food was great!


 Our rocker has been completed and looks amazing.  I took a photo of the lake view from
the work shop deck which just shows what a great spot we have.

I think the dog figured out that he could
see squirrels better from the chair.  He didn't
mind the chair rocking at all.
I posted my "man bags" last time  and they were a huge hit.  Grandson is going to Halifax training camp for sprint canoe for a week, so he is so happy to have a bag to put all his stuff in.

Grandfather noted that now he can loose his stuff all at once now that he has a man bag.....snort...

Also gave granddaughter pot holders.
"What are they for Nana?"
Me...for taking pans out of the oven!
Granddaughter...well you better send me a pan and recipes for the oven then!:

I didn't laugh in her face!  But her mother told me that she hasn't used pot holders in years so how would her daughter know what they were!  They now have pot  holders.

And....she loved the spaghetti scarf, wore
it as she left the house to go back to
University with the instructions to make
black ones too. 

We are returning from the city to the cottage on Thursday following dental surgery.  If you think I MOANED about my foot, wait till you hear of my dental work!  I'm having nightmares!


7 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I feel for you about the dental work coming up - I have an appointment scheduled for a couple days after we get home for a crown replacement - had one chip awhile back - no problems with it right now but know it needs replacing!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

quilton said...

Good luck with the surgery. I'm in for an impression for a crown today. You do have a beautiful spot up north. Wish I could be there.

Michele said...

Such a pretty table. I'm craving turkey now!

Shay said...

Nanci I may have to skip your blog for the dental posts since you know I am completely chicken about that particular thing. If I'm not around it's not because I dont love you dearly ....

So happy you had a great Thanksgiving. I work with a Canadian and I asked her whether she did a big feast this weekend ( I was secretly hoping for some left over turkey!)

Jennifer said...

What lovely pictures.....your little pooch is having a great time!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a beautiful table - so lovely for the celebration of thanks.

The potholder story is just too funny - and sweet.

Well if you must moan - then we shall be here to listen - hope all goes quickly.

Greenburgh Carpet Installation said...

Thanks for writting this