Monday, June 18, 2012

WEEKEND WORKS!

 Someone brought these napkins for the weekend once.  I never really noticed what the caption was over time, but looked at the writings again and chuckled as I read it. 


I just do not like the camping thing, bugs, no power, no showers, and no hair dryer....Oh wait, when the power goes out here, it 
could be like that till we power up the
generator!


Well here is one of Helen's completed quilts which is going to Switzerland with her.  She will be gone for a month, and also plans to visit Venus for one of the Operas.


She has shown me how to make
labels.  Here is hers for one of the
quilts, done in Italian as that is  the language is of her hosts.


There are many sites on the web for making labels, but being challenged when it comes to directions, I now know how to make them.

 As usual, the cabin offers the
perfect background for photos
for  her work.  


The weekend was full of sewing and quilting in spite of the lovely weather, I was pretty much at my little space in the sun room
.


Got my first flowers of the season from our neighbours.  The girls brought them over which was a lovely surprise.


They are all so fresh and beautiful.  I always thank the cottage guy, but it is actually the cottage gal that picks them up....she had to tell me that ....


From George Carlin, which is how I feel.


I was looking in the mirror the other day and I realized I haven't changed much since I was in my 20s.   The only difference is I look a whole lot older now!   


PS...I received a parcel from blogging friend Bev in Oakville.  The photos will be shown later, but the fabric is perfect.  I have a project in mind already.  Thank you Bev for sending the extras.

5 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely quilts as usual - but come on now about the camping LOL - most campsites have electric power hook ups - even a tent camper can now bring a fan or plug in their phone to charge :) - but now the bugs! nothing you can do about that.
Karen

Jennifer said...

I'm with you on camping.....however we have a little caravan, which is almost civilised. Much better that tent camping. Love that little cabin in the woods!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanci,
Those napkins were left by one of us. Not sure if Andrea, The Elder, picked them up or if we bought them on Marco Island at our favourite bookstore - just know that I love them.
Kudos on your labels! You are a wonder. They should be included in this blog. Much to do so I had better say"Ciao" for now. Talk with you soon.
Helen (your P.T.)

quilton said...

I camp if you want to call it that. 28' trailer with all the mod cons and only use the mod campsites.
Your welcome. I'm happy someone has a use for them.
Love the quilts. I'm planning on getting some done when I come home.

Shirley said...

I'm with you on the camping lark Nanci. My static caravan has the best shower ever but you need to be quick before it all turns cold. Great label.