Friday, June 22, 2012

GONE BABY, GONE!

 Oh how much fun is it to send off surprises to special people!  They don't know they are getting these in the mail!


I have been making these two quilts for twin boys...great great nephews...born in April of this year.


I also decided to send a couple of other quilts along to complete my culling of quilts.


I don't know about you, but passing quilts on, even though it is hard to part
with them gives one a very special feeling.


I finally figured out the label thing.  Oh goodness why does it take me so long to learn things?   My private teacher Helen too five minutes and there it was, a label.


So, away I went and made four of them in minutes.  Next, I am going to do the freezer paper thing.  The fabric from the
purchased quilt label package was very
stiff, so I had to machine sew it on the
quilt.

 I am really pleased how it all turned out.


I returned home from dentist, who is in the city, driving such an exotic car that I didn't know what kind it was.  Tells you where the money is doesn't it?


Anyway, he is a great dentist, so an implant is on the way for my
dazzling smile.


Anyway, I returned home to  a lovely package of 1930s fabrics from Shay in Australia.  (Quilting in my Pyjamas for those that don't know) and  oh my, I am through with all my stash busting for now.  I am going to make something with what Shay sent and add (Quilt On) Bev's fabrics also.


Making a quilt larger than 65-70" is a challenge for quilting on the machine.  But, there is a Mennonite group on my way home, so I am asking on Tuesday when travelling once again to the city, if they take the quilts to hand quilt.  Would that not be something?


"An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have.    The older she gets, the more interested he is in her..."  Agatha Christie.


8 comments :

Angie said...

These quilts are so LUSCIOUS, Nanci---I want one too!! :) Those colors set in white just shout 'Summer Beach Days' to me. Just so lovely. :)

Angie said...

Shoot, I meant to ask if you would mind sharing what size blocks/sashing you cut?

quilton said...

Love the quilts Nanci and the labels are super. WTG

Angie in SoCal said...

What beautiful quilts for the twins! Laughed when I read that quote. Your labels are nifty!

Jennifer said...

Your quilts will be loved and appreciated, for sure! I love your chair, and that view is to die for.

Shay said...

I love that spot. I'd love to be sitting there on that chair with a cocktail.

The quilts are gorgeous and Im sure they'll be dragged round and loved until they fall to bits over the next 10 years or so!

Shirley said...

Love that view Nanci and great quilts and labels too.

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Love the quilts. I'm into white borders/sashing right now so both of these quilts suit me. Would you share the dimensions of the blocks/border/sashing or what pattern you used? Would love to use up some of my blue stash. Thanks for posting. Blessings.