Tuesday, April 22, 2008


Well here is my quilt top that I finished yesterday. I just don't know what colour to put on the backside of it. Being partial to white, I just don't feel that this requires white. Any ideas?
This measures 68 X 90, and is another "jewel" quilt, and I don't know where this name originated, but the number of pieces cut and the number of pieces required are two different things. I again have a lot of green and red triangles squared left over. Oh well I can use them for something else.
I bought some warm cotton batting yesterday, and also some varigated thread that I shall try on a strippie quilt that I experimented with. I am taking the quilted part apart, as I am not happy with the look of it. Oh well, I am going to sit in the backyard and pick at the stitches.

5 comments :

quiltnerd said...

I'm excited that you decided to go with the green for the backing - I think that it will look great.

It's also great to hear about spring back in Canada - I was born in Hamilton, but I live in the UK now and miss things like "the cottage", "Fabricland" and "Canadian Living"!

Kirsten

Amanda Jean said...

that quilt is wonderful! I love the white in it...it really makes the colors pop.

Liz said...

I love it - it is just beautiful!

Dawn N. said...

I love this quilt top. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love it Mom...you went with green? Thats what I was going to suggest.

When do I get one? :D