Tuesday, December 9, 2008

THE RED BLOCKS


Well as suggested, I have laid out the red blocks to get a random pattern. It really works, I took a few photos to see if they looked satisfactory.
So, I have marked the rows, and since the white will be the contrasting colour, it gives me an idea of the quilt's finished effect.
Of course, I have enough red squares left over to do another quilt...god, I have such a hard time counting what a pattern says.
Oh well. One thing that I did decide is that the Christmas blocks I had cut that I will not use them and will make some stockings or something with them. I could make a skirt for the tree, but I really don't have red as my accent with the tree.
I hope I can find some red and white polka dot fabric to line it. I think that would be great.
The day started out as a winter wonderland with snow very heavy and it has now turned to rain and it's again a dark day. Oh how I await sunshine....

5 comments :

Kim D. said...

Hi Nanci, Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I thought I'd come over and check your blog out also. I will bookmark your blog so I can view your eye candy from time to time. I love the red blocks, your quilt is going to be gorgeous. I've been collecting red fabrics for years and I could make a couple of these myself. LOL I think I saw this quilt in a quilt magazine last month or prior in blue and white fabrics. Is this where you got the pattern? What size blocks are those?

Kim

Anonymous said...

Mom...I love it...very cristmassy!

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt, great job! Sending you some sunshine from Florida! ;)
Pam

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the red squares. Thanks for posting at my giveaway! good luck Nanci

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilt top - I love how the red squares dance and skip.