Tuesday, December 9, 2008

THE RED BLOCKS


Well as suggested, I have laid out the red blocks to get a random pattern. It really works, I took a few photos to see if they looked satisfactory.
So, I have marked the rows, and since the white will be the contrasting colour, it gives me an idea of the quilt's finished effect.
Of course, I have enough red squares left over to do another quilt...god, I have such a hard time counting what a pattern says.
Oh well. One thing that I did decide is that the Christmas blocks I had cut that I will not use them and will make some stockings or something with them. I could make a skirt for the tree, but I really don't have red as my accent with the tree.
I hope I can find some red and white polka dot fabric to line it. I think that would be great.
The day started out as a winter wonderland with snow very heavy and it has now turned to rain and it's again a dark day. Oh how I await sunshine....
Post a Comment