Friday, December 5, 2008

THE GREEN QUILT FINISHED



I finished it yesterday afternoon while watching the Big Three on CNN and switching to CTV newsnet about the goings on with one group asking for bailouts and everyone really impressed me in the deportment and professionalism.

Then switching to CTV and seeing the bafoons we call politicians acting like demigods, well it was worth the watch. Really stupid politics going on here in Canada and what these politicians need to do is grow up and get governing.


This little quilt is about 52" square and I love the finished product. It would make a nice crib quilt or a lap throw to make someone cheery.

This is part of the red fabric collection that I got at Fabricland's 40% sale last week. I'm thinking of the "dream quilt" which is blue and white, but you know finding blues that I wanted wasn't going to happen on sale so I liked the reds. I washed them to make sure they don't run...I hope and want to start cutting today if I can.
There isn't a cloud in the sky as I write this and hardly any wind to put the wind chill factor in when I walk this morning. Last night when there was a very light snowfall, the dog and I went for a walk. A perfect night, light snow falling, no wind, and with the Christmas lights on around the neighbourhood, it really is starting to look like the Season.
Oh it must be as I am making Christmas cookies today too. Yum!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks very nice. I like the 'dog bones' fabric.

I'm not even going to comment on the political stuff 'cause it makes my blood boil just thinking about those idiots...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with all that red!

Stephanie said...

Great quilt. Love your red fabrics too!

In answer to your question on my blog, yes, you can use flannel on the back of your quilt and still quilt it (rather than tie), but I wouldn't use it on an heirloom quilt. You should know that flannel almost always bleeds, so be sure to prewash if your top is light colored. Quiltshop flannel and quilter's flannel from Joann's shrinks very little, so I don't prewash for shrinkage. Snuggle flannel (Joann's), does not seem to bleed, but does shrink 6 inches over 7 yards. I only use this inexpensive flannel for tying quilts and don't preshrink any longer, but if you do want to use it (say for a baby quilt), I recommend preshrinking.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh it turned out so cute, yep, it would fit just fine on my kitchen table!! have a nice weekend.

Karen said...

Love the green quilt. Green is my favourite colour.