Sunday, January 18, 2009

SNOW STORM FOR JANUARY













It's not often that I post on Sundays, but today is an exception! Look at the snow! It's been snowing since last night, still coming down. It does look like a wonderland out there, but it's still only 12 F this morning, but supposed to warm up later on today. Still very cold though.


In fact the wonder dog won't be able to go out till we shovel a path for him in the backyard.

See this? That's where he is supposed to go out to. Well it's not going to happen as far as he is concerned. It's 9:15 and I must get dressed and shovel a path for him to do his business.






There is nothing moving in the area and it's so quiet out there. Now this snow isn't heavy! There's just so much of it again. This is the house where Quincey lives and they are usually up and moving early. No sign of them either.

Oh and he got a hair cut. Remember him? He's the puppy that I posted earlier this year at 10 weeks old. Well, we still puppy sit him and he's had his first hair cut. Mary brought him over for us to take a shot of him while he was still neat!

So of course this is a day for doing not much except snow removal. I must get the guy who does this up and at the task. Maybe we'll call the neighbours with the BIG snowblower, bribe them with a great brunch and have a snow fest!
Doesn't that sound like a good idea?
Speaking of fests! I have been on Facebook and posted a whole batch of black and whites that I found in one of my mom's photo boxes. It's quite a collection and all the younger (?) cousins have surfaced and we are all connecting up again. It's quite the thing to see my cousins who are really all younger than me. I am number one! Anyway, some of them have kids that are grown, off to university etc and still some of the second generation of these have kids, just a wonderful lovein that we have had for the past week. I actually talked to a cousin that I hadn't talked to in 30 years...so it's a good thing as my friend Martha would say.

6 comments :

pwl said...

I couldn't believe it when I looked out on our backyard this morning. The snow is about a foot high on the bird feeder, for pete's sake. I think there's more than we had just before Christmas, but DH thinks not quite. LOL All I know is, ENOUGH ALREADY!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures of your snow - here in Arkansas we normally get snow once or twice a winter, sometimes that is only snow flurries other times 6 or more inches. It is always so pretty to see but I am glad that it doesn't stay all winter here. I would for sure have to get a snow blower in that case - my arms & back muscles are not strong enough for shoveling snow!
the little dog is cute and yes he would need a path shoveled for him.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Wilma Lee said...

The snow is beautiful!! I like it as long as I don't have to try to get to work, lol. And that dog is sooo cute!!!

Candace said...

We don't get snow, but it sure makes for some pretty pictures. Sounds like some great cyber family reunions. Let me know if you are still doing the PIF.

Anonymous said...

I almost had a heart attack late Saturday night when I went out to pick up my son. The driving was HORRIBLE (thank goodness my hubby owns a 4 wheel drive or I wouldn't have made it home!) The bright side is my 15 year old son LOVES to shovel snow (well, maybe he doesn't exactly love it, but he does it without complaining! LOL)
I'd much rather have some snow than that nasty bitter cold we had last week....

Anonymous said...

Snow...it makes everything so pretty. I wanted to keep my white outdoor Christmas lights up b/c it is beautiful...I want to rename them "Winter Lights".Then there is the other side of it...1 1/2 hours of shoveling. The banks are getting so high its getting hard to fling the snow on top.

Kelly