Friday, January 16, 2009

QUARTER OF NINE QUILT PROBLEM

So see the completed quilt? Well when I looked

at the pattern it said cut 2-6 1/2" squares from

the fat quarter, however.....when I looked at the

completed quilt, it had 4 squares -6 1/2" for each

block.

No wonder I am bad when it comes to cutting out quilts. If one reads the instructions for the 2 X 6 1/2 rectangles I count 4

And when I looked at the 2 1/2" squares I counted 14 squares not 9 and 2- 2" squares.

Now am I wrong?

This is extremely frustrating for me when I am reading these patterns.


I hope I'm not goofing here. But when I read the
directions, and then look at the pattern, it just doesn't jive.

On another note, I finished the top of my rocket quilt, basted the whole thing and undid it again as I just didn't like the dark blue back.

That's why this morning I started cutting out
the quilt above.
It's from Fons and Porter Easy Quilts, summer of 08.
I'm going to do it my way and see what happens.

Our puppy that we puppy sit had his first hair cut today.. he looks so cute and is getting so big now than the first time I posted his photo here. At that time he was 4 lbs, now he's 13 lbs and going. He's taller than our westie Wilson but not as strong for sure.
Just a note to my daughter who reads my posts....this isn't about Wilson, it's just a comment.

I hope to do quilting stuff this weekend as it's still very very cold out only a few degrees above zero, too cold to walk more than a few minutes even with dog coats on.

Next week, Tuesday to be exact there is a certain American who needless to say will be out of work. I am so looking forward to watching the American inauguration and seeing hope in the eyes of America. We are all of us in for a hard time economically and maybe we will learn to live more simply.









7 comments :

Ann J said...

What a relief to read that I am not the only one who 'fights' with patterns !! Just this week I started on one that( if I'd followed the instructions!) would have had me trying to join zillions 2 1/4" squares to 2 1/2" squares!! I still had to cut one block to convince myself I wasn't going mad!!!!....Luv AJ

Unknown said...

yes, exactly, doesn't anybody check these? I'm a novice! Well almost anyway, but still, when my sweetie looked at it, he said I was right!
A pox on them...... they should have known better.

Anonymous said...

Oh Nanci I just had to laugh at the last paragraph of your post - my DH and I are so glad George W will be out of a job - it didn't come soon enough in our opinion. The economy sucks and I sure hope it gets better, but I have a feeling hard times are coming - we just found out today my dear nephew who works for circuit city is out of a job and he has a family of 5 to take care of and his wife can only work part time due to health problems! Keep your fingers crossed something comes his way.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Lisa Pogue said...

I'm catching up. What a great picture of the wolf. He does look lonely and cold. My heart melts for animals like that. It's been so cold the dogs don't waste any time outside, they get their job done and thunder back onto the porch. Have a good weekend and stay warm.

Amanda Jean said...

that looks like a really fun quilt! and that's exactly why i hate making quilts from patterns...they are very hard for me to understand. and if they are wrong, well, that is even more frustrating!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Hi, Patterns make us do things the hard way, it makes me crazy!! On a side note would you check your spam folder I sent you a PIF form to fill out and I am not sure you got it, if not let me know and I will re-send it. thanks
pnkcndy at sbcglobal dot net

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm terrible at directions. I'm a picture person myself.