Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'M HAPPY, I'M OVER THE MOON HAPPY!

Ok, I know that we were supposed to do only one patch a week, but since I am at the cottage don't you know, I only have so much fabric here!


So I started cutting and sewing and with the help of Alex, my granddaughter who is visiting, we put together a whole lot of nine patch squares.


The weather needless to say is wet....It seems that for a change we can blame the weather coming to us from the southern States. And you know that CNN ALWAYS says weather comes from Canada so this is a change .


Everything is so wet to the point that we must
off the feet of the dogs when they come in.


So what is a girl to do but sew! I even had a
cottager from down the way walk over in a
rain storm just to do something to do. We had
a lesson in free motion quilting. She was very
very happy and since her machine is a 6200
Janome she can do all the same steps as I do.


This is the first time I've purchased a Jelly Roll and I must say it was very exciting to be using Oh Cherry Oh! as it is very colourful and so easy to put together. I am definitely going to order from the Fat Quarter Shop again as the service was excellent and the delivery within a week to Canada.


Our daughter is coming and bringing kids! What can be better for the weekend that is supposed to be perfect weather than to have water skiers in residence! I expect a lot of food to be consummed so Mary (my neighbour from Whitby is here) and I are heading to Huntsville to shop for the gang that is arriving Friday night with instructions for homemade Pizza. I can do that and will probably double the recipe to accommodate 4 big really big eaters!


On a happy note for Mary, my sweetie is installing a 2 piece bath in the bunkie that they sleep in. You know when we get older we need the facilities during the night so we have made room in the bunkie and it is looking really really good. There will be beadboard on the walls and the sink is a small corner sink, just big enough to brush teeth, wash face etc. Photos will be forthcoming as I think this will be very cute and useful too of course. Mary has already brought the towels.


To finish on a happy note...the hummers seem to have multiplied to six. The males make the feeders very interesting and there is lots of swooping and diving....I'm happy!






9 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you are having a good time putting together blocks. We have had weird weather here for summer, cooler than normal temps come and go mixed in with the hot - now this week only 80 or so and maybe rain every day! I could do without the rain. And don't even get me started on the mosquitoes! so many more than normal and off and on all day not just the evening.
I would want a little bathroom near by at night too - wouldn't want to have to wake up in the middle of the night and walk over to the main house to take care of that - I would be wide awake by then!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nanette Merrill said...

happy 9 patches - gotta love them

Barb said...

Nanci, love your blocks, the fact that you have help with those grandaughters (I am jealous).....

pwl said...

Um, isn't that a patch a day? Or is it the wrong quilt-a-long? :)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What cute fabrics in the nine patch blocks. Very cheerful

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Nanci!! They look wonderful!! Have fun with everyone!!

Crispy said...

Oooo I really love that fabric. It kinda reminds me of 50's type fabrics. It sounds like you are having a great time inspite of the weather. You are right, all bad weather is called an Alberta Clipper around here LOL.

Crispy

piecesofpatti said...

Oh, I do like that fabric! Very happy! Sounds like a great weekend in store for you. Enjoy!

Cheryl said...

Such sweet 9 patches...gotta love them. Happy weekend to you, sounds like it will be a good one. Nice to find your blog.