Sunday, July 19, 2009

THE JELLY ROLLS HAVE ARRIVED!


I couldn't believe that when we arrived at the city house on Friday that the Jelly Rolls that I had ordered from The Fat Quarter Club had arrived!



It took less than a week for the shipment from Texas to Ontario
I have Oh Cherry Oh and Swanky Chez Moi. Amandajean at crazy mom quilts is having another nine patch group. So since this is where I saw her Oh Cherry Oh quilt and loved it, the nine patch will be made of this one.
The other is still in the admiring mode. I have collected so much white to work with as another colour to the next few quilts that I may have to shop for white fabric soon. I like white as it's such an easy colour to add to any quilt that I make.
We have had rain (of course) even here yesterday although we sat under a sun umbrella and waited for it to pass. It is 59 degrees this morning. I am hoping that upon our return to the cottage we will finally have summer weather.



Walter Cronkite passed away yesterday. You know whenever I would hear his name mentioned, I always remembered him taking off his glasses as he was reporting the death of JFK. In our house when I was growing up, we finished dinner and my dad would listen to Walter Cronkite every night. We had our Canadian news later in the evening, but Walter Cronkite was always there each evening telling us the news in such a way as if he was talking just to us. A great influence on many lives I am sure. A man who had a good life.

7 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I know what you mean Nanci we too always listened to Walter Cronkite, his voice was very recognizable.
Glad you got your jelly rolls to bring back to the cottage with you. You can do a lot with them.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Crispy said...

Woo Hoo squishies in the mail is the best thing. It's good to admire for a while but even better to have a plan...you have the best of both worlds.

We also watched Walter every evening. I can still hear his voice.

Crispy

Sunshine said...

Oh Nanci, lucky you... I can't believe your fabric shipped in a week. I think I'm having my first really bad online fabric shopping experience: I've been waiting for an order from the states for over 4 weeks now. The seller says it was shipped on June 16th, but the parcel hasn't even entered Canada yet. I'm expecting the worst, and it was my biggest order yet, sniff, what a pain! I don't think I've ever received something in a week, what a great surprise that must have been for you!

Cheers,
Christine

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love Oh Cherry Oh, what a great quilt it will make! as for Walter Cronkite, great man, great life.....

Anonymous said...

I was thinking I might join Amandajean's next nine patch quilt along, too. I love the colours and fabrics she uses. That Oh Cherry Oh is going to look great in your next quilt.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

All that jelly roll fabric--I see a quilt in your future

Micki said...

Great jelly rolls! As to Walter Cronkite, I watched him every day when I lived in Phila. He is the best newscaster ever!
Micki