Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TUESDAY TALES

Yesterday, since it was hot and humid, not much

moving around the cottage because if I moved I

was sweating, so I cleaned up my little sewing

area that I have at the cottage.





The first one I keep all my extra sewing supplies in it so that I only have to open it to grab threads, needles, ribbons, etc. It is quite handy to have around and I just close it up when finished working at the sewing machine.







The second one keeps all the magazines, books etc so that they are not stacked all over the table which is used for coffee, feet and food, not

necessarily in that order at the same time either.







When I finish with them, I stack them up and

use them as a little side "table" for whatever.

I have found this one to be particularly handy as I have about a dozen different magazines about the cottage that had no place to go. Now when this fills up, I will take them home for a permanent place, but for now, this is good.










My friend Helen who has been quilting since the 1970s has passed two quilting books to me to look and get inspired (I think). These two were

a series of quilt patterns, including templates that

were popular in the 1980s I think she said. There

are hundreds of different designs in the books.





Some of you may have collected this series also.
Really good stuff for me to look at at least.





I had a visit from Penny at http://harmonyhopes.blogspot.com/ and being a new visitor to my site, I went to look at what she had on hers. Well go have a look. Her work is quite amazing, more art than quilting and all hand worked, so I was pleased that she took the time to visit my blog.





I am always pleased when new people come over
and comment. It makes my day I tell you! Those of us who comment on each others blogs know our little quirks and quarks so someone new is great to have join us.





Remember the cottage neighbours who have an issue with the crossing of their property? Well they have posted huge "POSTED, NO TRESPASSING" signs now and so there will be no making up that we can see. It is very sad that they feel we have violated their privacy. I really don't think we are "that bad" (grinning here) . We tried to have an intervention with the owners, but to no avail. We now must travel 400 ft by boat to each others cottages. Sad, but nothing further we can do.





On a lighter note....my sweetie's family is coming for the weekend. We are excited as it's hard for all of the sibblings to get together, but each summer we have a weekend of catching up. We will be prepared with lots of food. I am making parmesean chicken. It's an easy peasy recipe and so very very good. Sunshine will love this one when I post it another day. She tests all the recipes I have posted.





Oh, Helen made the "What's In it?" appetizer and she said that her gourmet cooking friend asked the what's in it query as all people do. She didn't give out the recipe either...





Have a great day.






















11 comments :

Crispy said...

What a lovely post today Nanci, very newsy. I'll pop over and check out the blog you recommended :0)

Crispy

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well that is kind of sad that you have to get in a boat and go 400 feet to get around the neighbors! they sure must like their privacy have they built a high fence around their property too?
I have that book you have pictured :) I think I did get it back in the 1980's - I haven't touched it in a long time.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barb said...

What a great idea about the suitcases.

Sorry about your neighbors.....hummmm

Jocelyn said...

Love your idea for the suitcases. Yes we do like to visit each others blogs, don't we?? That's what makes it fun. And getting to know new friends from around the world :-)

Nanette Merrill said...

Some people! The no trespassing sign is sad really. The suitcase idea is good. It is always fun to see what you are up to at the Cottage.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Crazy people, yep crazy people, I love when things are all in their place, feels great and then we can make a new mess!!

Jennifer said...

Sad about the neighbours, but if that's how they want to play their game then that's it. Isn't it a good feeling to be organised!

Quirky said...

I'm so jealous of how organized your sewing room is! Part of my job is to go into companies and organize their data, and I can't keep a space as small as my sewing room under control!

Maybe I should try suitcases...

antique quilter said...

love the idea of using suitcases for storage.
That book looks wonderful, can you share some of the projects in it, I may have to track down a copy for my own library
thanks
Kathie

Micki said...

Boy, you are organized. I have to be too, as our cottage is so small. I have everything in labeled boxes in our storage area.
Great post!
Micki

Trish said...

Love the suitcase storage! That looks great in the cabin! Shame on the neighbors, some people really need to lighten up!