Thursday, August 20, 2009

WOW! THIS IS A SUITCASE!

After reading my blog, a "friend" sent this little
suitcase photo to me! I am still laughing!


Can you imagine this contraption? Not only that,
but who thought of it to begin with? It all looks rather painful to me and the thing on the bottom looks like a drill for goodness sake.


I am also thinking for those of you being nurses out there.......just imagine .
(click on photo)


So, as you know going shopping from the lake is a big deal! Make a list collect the shopping bags to use as we must bring our own. We have two cooler bags that we always bring plus and old soft duffle type suitcase and a few others form local grocery stores. (I keep thinking I should make my own since I have the fabric). Anyway we take a 15 minute boat ride, unload all our bags, water jugs, garbage (for the dump) and pile all of that into the truck and off we go. After a short stop at the dump with us doing all the dumping of the recycled stuff, where they watch that we have put the right garbage in the right bins....we are off on a 45 minute drive to Huntsville where the shopping is just a bit better than Dorset...they have Home Depot, Canadian Tire and a Loblaw's Independent
.

Then we reverse it all, get water on the way back to the cottage and there went five hours. I am usually just too tired to make dinner. It's always a simple meal of salad and sandwiches because we have fresh foods! No wonder we live longer!


Fabricland has the end of summer sale and I tell you the one in Huntsville had more crap! Excuse the language dear friends, but it was just little bits of left overs that should have been on the dollar table! Needless to say, that was a futile visit. So I am still without fabrics to work on finishing my projects. That was a huge disappointment. A lesson learned, shop at home....


Of course it's raining again! Just getting ready for company is so much more pleasant when the sun is shining and it's warm. I put the heaters on to take the dampness away. I shouldn't complain. It's still better than being anywhere....have a good day wherever you are!

8 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL at the photo - wow who came up with that!
Sounds like a shopping adventure - what you put up with to live at the cottage! guess you have no garbage collection on the island and have to bring it all out?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Crispy said...

ROFL, the things that modern medicine has improved on...even if the concept is still the same.

Shopping and dumping seems to be a bit of a chore but as you say, well worth it.

Crispy

Jennifer said...

Thank goodness the medical ideas of yesterday haven't kept pace with more modern times! Bummer about Fabricland not having what you wanted.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Dumping, could be fun, shopping fun as long as you get coffee and plenty of sweets! No fabric, bummer, but the boat ride I would like especially if is was not raining, have fun this weekend with your guests!
PS Did you make the round 2 button for the nine patch as I am doing it too and could not find it?

Rosalyn Manesse said...

what fun you seem to be having this summer!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever dropped into the quilt store in Huntsville? I find the nicest fabrics there when I am on my summer vacation. I drive over from Parry Sound,simply because I love the store.

Quirky said...

Is that where the saying, "Blowing smoke up someone's a$$" comes from?

When I was a kid and we visited my aunt in a rural area we would go to the dump to watch the black bears (yes, there was that little to do, and we were city kids so it was exciting!) Any such activities at your dump?

Penny said...

Oh! My gosh. I am thankful to be living in the generation I am living. I have never heard or read the likes of this before.