Friday, October 23, 2009

APPLE AND SQUASH BAKE...YUMMY




Here is the recipe I told you about.


It really is Yummy! and easy to make.


2 lb butternut squash

2 apples (we used Macs) cut into 1" squares

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tbsp flour

1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (or allspice or mace)


Cut up peeled squash into 1" squares.


Mix remaining ingredients, except apples

Stir mixture into squash.

In an 8 X 12 dish, pour squash mixture, top with

apples. Cover with foil.

Bake @ 350 about 50-60 minutes.

I have been helping a friend make strippie quilts for Christmas for her family. Myself, I am making a couple for the boys in my life. It's hard finding "boy" fabrics and I may go to flannels next time I do one.

Not too much otherwise going on in my life. It is good to be home, to have unpacked and get this house in order for the winter season. I should be out of my "funk" next week when the sun re- appears over our province. I love the fall season, but the rains are somewhat depressing.

Have a good weekend everyone.

7 comments :

Barb said...

Glad you are home....hope you get your sewing mojo back!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it has been raining a lot here too and not our usual fall season - normally I am outside a lot in the fall - it is depressing how cool and cloudy it is all the time!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Rosalyn Manesse said...

delicious

Crispy said...

I'll pass on the recipe...squash...ICK!! LOL Bury yourself in the sewing room and make your sewing machine sing to drown out the patters on the roof. I hate all the continuous rain we've been havng too.

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

How nice to be home again. Time to snuggle with quilts and warm yourself with a cup of hot tea. I'm sure new projects are in the making.

CarlaHR said...

Rainy and depressing here too. I've been putting off clearing out the remainder of my vegetable garden and quilting instead. Hopefully the sun will make an appearance soon so that we can get back into a more energetic mode. Enjoy the week end.

Micki said...

Looks delicious! I will definitely try that one and thanks!
Micki