Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PECAN PIE...



This is the pecan pie I made. I used walnuts because I didn't have pecans and it tasted heavenly!

Also super easy to make....Here's the recipe.

Unbaked 9" pie shell.

1/2 cup light brown sugar,

1 1/4 cups corn syrup

1 1/2 tsp four

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

3 eggs

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 1/2 cup pecans.

Beat eggs together, then add rest of ingredients except pecans.

Pour into unbaked shell, sprinkle pecans over mixture.

Bake 40-50 minutes. ( I have a hot oven so 40 did it for me)

Cool completely, and store in fridge

Really doesn't get any better than that. If you want the recipe for your computer I can send as attachment to you if you want.

A SPECIAL DAY OF REMEMBRANCE.

Today was a Day to Remember and of course with the weather being so beautiful many many more people than usual turned out for the Ceremonies. Always so touching and for this family, in the last year we have lost many of our war veterans. My Uncles, Roland (who served in Second World War, and Uncle Bob and Charlie who served in Korea....We remember them all, my dad was in London, my Uncle Bert fought in France and in my sweetie's family, he had merchant marine uncles and his dad was a courier in France and Belgium...we remember them always, but especially today.

5 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

then it is a walnut pie LOL, it looks good I bet it taste just as good as with pecans!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Crispy said...

Hmmm sorry if this is a duplicate post but I don't think my first one went through. However, I would really like a copy of that yummy pie recipe :0)

Crispy

Jennifer said...

Yummmmm....thank you, I'm not sure if we can get corn syrup here, I shall investigate.

Micki said...

That recipe looks so luscious! Thanks!
Micki

Apple Cottage said...

That sounds delicious. I'm going to try your pecan/walnut pie. I think we have corn syrup here.