Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HERE'S 3 DAYS I WON'T GET BACK!





My friend, and I won't mention who, gave me this "fabulous cowl pattern"....So I went out and bought this lovely yarn to knit. I was very excited and spent all my spare time for three whole days knitting this sucker!


As you can see from the look on my face....I have no idea what I've created here, but you know when I asked my sweetie....remember the compliments of quilts of the summer...."did you mess it up?" fame....he didn't utter a word...Not one
word! He didn't want to be up the creek again!

Finally, I asked him what did he think it was?
He said that it looked kinda like a rastafarian
hat! So I put it on...see photos...and he just said
that I should let him take a photo and send it to said friend and ask her if this is how it's supposed to look!

I did look on the web for photos of "cowls" and holy cowl (a bit of levity here) none looked like this thing!

So.....tomorrow is bridge day and I am taking it for the girls to see if they can figure out what to do with it.

Oh....now my sweetie is laughing....me too!

I have been knitting the fingerless gloves for the hospital and have about 7 pairs done and I do think I shall continue that endeavour and give up on the aforementioned thingamajig....

I am also making placemats with the rest of that sheet that I cut up last week. I shall have about 10 finished in no time. Quilting is a lot more successful than my knitting.

I have had a few requests for the little bag I made for my mom so I am going to line and quilt the next few.

When she lived in the Virgin Islands (British) she had her boutique which carried many one of a kind items. One of them were little scarfs with her sandpiper logos on them I do have a few left and am thinking that I shall make a bag out of one of the better conditioned ones. I will quilt it and you know that by doing that I am enforcing the fabric.

Our weather has been in the 50s and I can't believe it! Sun every day, I wore sandals again yesterday and didn't even have cold feet! What makes this weather so great is sunshine. We usually get rain in November due to the hurricanes and tropical storms in the south. But not this year...we are blessed.

I did read that the Islands are getting torrential downpours, but if they wait 15 minutes as the saying goes.....is shall pass.

I was thrilled, needless to say that receiving a note from Lindsey (Five Healthy Hearts) after 5 weeks of not blogging saying that all was well with the world made my week! It's amazing how we all connect even though most of us will never meet yet we are friends.



13 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I laugh at how you say you don't know what you created! I'm not quite sure what it is used for? It looks like you knitted it well though :) let us know what your friends say about it!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barb said...

Looks like you put alot of work into your creation.....
Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sunshine said...

can you make it into a tree skirt? It'll keep the xmas tree nice and warm :)

Anya said...

Isn't it great that we can laugh at our creations! You did a very nice knitting job, even though it may not have turned out to be what you thought it should be!

Jennifer said...

My goodness, I don't think that is how a cowl is supposed to look.....perhaps the instructions were wrong, because your knitting looks great!

Jocelyn said...

Wow looks like a lot of work!

Lindsey said...

You are way too cute for words...I have missed you like crazy and seeing you in that "cowl" is making MY day! I had forgotten how much you cheered me up!
Big hug,
Lindsey!

fabricartist21 said...

Your knitting looks nice but the darn thing is just too big. Lots of work there.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Oh, my! I've never seen a cowl look like that but maybe it's a new trend. You'll be way ahead of the rest of us!

Crispy said...

Ummmm....errrrr....sorry I just can't say Well Done ROFL!!! Oh Nanci, these pictures have made my day!!!

Crispy

Harmony Hopes Studio said...

My morning at work was a tich icky and over lunch you and your cowl destressed me. If it was 100% you could wash it in hot, hot water and felt it, then make something out of it. I follow a blog http://fibermania.blogspot.com/ Melody is a wonderful fiber artist and the past couple of months has been into knitting. You must pay her a visit.
Thanks for the smiles.
Penny

Kelly said...

Gift it to Alex or Tory and tell them its a skirt! LOL...make matching legwarmers!

Mimi said...

Mini skirt? :D