Thursday, January 28, 2010

NEW PROJECTS!










Starting a new project for me anyway, is always a bit disconcerting as I don't always have the completed quilt down pat in my brain, such as it is.




See the colours on the right there? Well they are what I want to use, especially the top fabric as that's one of the pieces I received from my grandmother's stash.




It's very Meramiko retro and I just love the colours, so was thinking that the black fabrics would just be perfect for putting together a simple modern quilt



But, I also have this little piece that I bought the other day
at Fabricland. I like it too and although it's a piece that would
go with the blacks etc of the little stash, I wonder if the
original thought would be better.







I have lots of bright pieces to put with the blacks and even have some more blacks. It's so hard to decide isn't it, considering that my stash pile is relatively small compared to some quilters' stashes.



I keep putting this and that together thinking outside the box as they say, or trying to at least. I do keep going back to the first pile as the one I want to go with.





You can see from the last photo that I don't keep much fabric on hand. I just don't like making all the choices that go with making quilts from say, following a pattern.








I think I'd have trouble with the Dear Jane blocks if I ever started on to just put the little blocks of 57 pieces together....I'm exhausted just thinking of a block of 57 pieces. Karen and Crispy who hand quilt do this sort of thing as do many others on my blog roll, but I'm not that good....yet.











So, I'm going to look at the fabrics that I have and maybe add a couple more colours to my original thoughts of making a simple little quilt.











On the other hand, I may make butter tarts, or a pear with ginger cake.




Yep, that's me, not able to get my thinking on straight
and focusing on the tasks at hand.





Of course all this rattling in the brain is probably due
to the fact that I'm going to the dentist today to have
him replace a cap which has cracked, having to sit
for the better part of 2 hours while the dentist pokes
around my mouth and extracts almost what amounts
to someone's mortgage payment for 2 hours of work!



But first, I'm going to have a cup of coffee, sit with my dog !






































Post a Comment