Friday, January 29, 2010

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK?







Yesterday, after coming home from the dentist I looked through so many patterns for using my Marameko print that I was dizzy thinking of which way to go.

I looked at a lot of blogs and quilt patterns that seem to use the cobblestone in a lot of different ways, so Idecided to make mine this way too.

I am on a roll at the moment and only the tension in my shoulders has driven me away from the sewing table.


I've only made one with white as the border but I think
that it's too stark for the rest of the blocks I've made,
don't you?


I'm not making this quilt large as I'm thinking lap quilt here which is the most popular of the quilts I make. I suppose living in a winter climate, we all like to cuddle under these little quilts to keep warm while watching tv, or doing homework....


I actually have enough of the fabric to make two quilts if I use the retro fabric sparingly. I didn't realize, (surprise, surprise) that I actually had so much of it.


I'm also thinking that so many quilts are made using 2 1/2" wide fabrics as it is so versatile. It must be why
those jellies are so popular.

I did cut out some plain yellow fabric to use, but it too is just a bit much with all the blacks. I'm loving this so far.

Have a great weekend you all!



16 comments :

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

WOW! How fun is that fabric!!! yee ha! love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very cool looking quilt - the colors pop!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jocelyn said...

Wow Nanci, this is going to be one fabulous quilt!

Barb said...

That is definitely an eye catcher...love it totally!!

Trish said...

Love the Marameko print with this design and the layout is fabulous. Thanks for stopping by my allthingscrafty. I had no way to contact you to thank you for your comments so I thought I would stop and visit with you and thank you in a comment!

Jennifer said...

Doesn't that look terrific - great choice of fabrics, and a great way to honour your grandmother's fabric. Perhaps a very very narrow yellow inner border to bring the yellow in?

Anya said...

Love it, but yes, I would say the white is a bit much for the rest of the fabrics. Can't wait to see it finished!

Susan In Texas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow, You got so much done!! I love it!!!

Leslie said...

this is fabulous...the vintage fabric is amazing!!

Twisted Quilts said...

I love what you are doing. I like lap size quilts too. Great fabrics.

Patchmaker said...

Very nice! I agree with Anya; the white is just a bit much. It's going to be gorgeous!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Wow! Terrific fabrics and love the pattern you chose. I agree about the white.

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Nancy - great fabric combinations! Looks like this will be a fun one when it's done!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Love marimeko. This is a perfect match for design and fabric.

KimT said...

lovely!