Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A MENNONITE QUILT!

This lovely Mennonite quilt was bought by my friend Helen. Her husband spotted the quilt in a little shop outside of London Ontario.


.
Helen said her husband had to convince her to buy it! Imagine that!

.
It's hand appliqued, and of course all the hand quilting has different patterns around the appliques.

.
If you click on the photo the hand quilting and applique is fabulous!

.
I have done a bit of sewing but the Olympics which we get all day long are just rivoting and yesterday for the opening day of Curling, you would have thought it was the gold medal round as Canada beat Norway 5-4. The Norweigans have clown pants...honestly we were joking about the elephants must be just outside the arena!


.
Today is bridge day, so not much sewing is happening . I am so feeling that we are approaching spring! I don't know why that is, maybe it's all the vitamin d I've been taking. I feel energized.

6 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't watch the curling, I have mainly only been watching in the evening. Last night I watched some of the snow boards and the men's skating.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Bunny said...

What a beautiful quilt I know that is so much work. Wow.

Sue-Anne said...

I wouldn't have needed any convincing! What a beautiful quilt. I watched the women's snowboard cross yesterday. It's so exciting. I'm looking forward to the half pipe today.

Patchmaker said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Micki said...

Oh it is so romantic and beatuiful!
Micki

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Oooh what a beautiful quilt and all that gorgeous hand quilting. It's starting to feel a little like autumn here. The weather is not quite so hot this last week and it's such a very welcome change from the heat we've had.