Sunday, February 14, 2010

HOW DO YOU DO IT?


See the photo there, well it's on my sidebar also. We have been asked to
make a nine patch block to help Illene and her daughter who are going through some extreme hardships...
.
Click on the icon on the sidebar and see if you are interested in making a small donation to the cause.
.
Now, I have said in a previous post that my journey into the stitch in the ditch has not been quite successful. I have a Janome 6600 which states just put the attachment on, and away I go!
.
Well, it's not working for me. Yesterday after having a great lunch at Helen's ....Julia Child's French Onion Soup etc....so yummy by the way, that Helen who has an embroidery Janome says that she uses an attachment specifically for in the ditch and finds it better than the Janome instructions.
.
I think that she has the right idea! As I looked at my machine this morning however, I wonder if I can get the darn thing on as I have this "tongue" that is sticking out the back of the machine. I may give it a shot on my old machine...darn, I do love sewing at a sewing table as it's the right height.
.
I don't want to complicate matters, but what exactly are those tongues (for lack of a better word) for?
I may take a photo and post it just to get the right instructions.
.
Today is The Great American Race, Daytona 500, so I won't be sewing but will be glued to the tv to watch the race. My sweetie is already watching the pre pre race line up and the news of the day..
..
I noted while visiting Bejeweled Barb this morning that they've had a small hurricane go through Samoa. Her photos were really good! I was sure, except for a couple of freeky earthquakes that she was living on a paradise Island! Still is a lot better than the cold of Canada , but check her out today!
.
Happy Valentines to all of you loving bloggers.
My sweetie gave me my roses, but best of all a card that says it all about love...

6 comments :

Barb said...

Trust me, it is warm here...humid...sometimes the floors are so wet from the humidity. I am sitting in my sewing room with the air on...so come on over.

I had a Janome and a walking foot, is that what you are putting on? I love walking in the ditch, hope you can figure it out.

Barb

Susan In Texas said...

I've never been much of a stitcher in the ditch, but then, I always made the attempt with an ordinary sewing foot. I didn't even know they made special "stich in the ditch" feet. hmmm Something to consider. I would probably use my walking foot as Barb suggests. I love my walking foot and it works great, plus, a Bernina walking foot is ridiculously expensive, so I like to get my money's worth out of it. 8)

Thanks,
Susan

Sue-Anne said...

My stitch in the ditch is done by a professional quilter! I am not very good at machine quilting. Hope you get it figured out.

Our major car race here is Bathurst. Its part of the V8 supercars program and has a huge following. It's the one race a year I actually watch.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Nanci,
I use my walking foot on my Bernina to stitch in the ditch. It walks over the fabric without pushing it along. If you use a regular foot it pushes the fabric and then you end up with a folded pinch at the end. Good luck with yours.
Take care,
~Karen~

Quiltgal said...

I have the Janomes 6600 too but haven't had it out of the box much to try it. Good Luck and Let me know how you make out.

pwl said...

I was looking for the link for Ilene's Quilt on the sidebar. Must be my aging eyesight because I don't see it. Sorry. :(