Wednesday, February 3, 2010

MY FRIEND'S QUILTS!








Do you remember my friend Helen from the cottage? She's the one that has been teachin me some quilting techniques. Well, she's always been a hand quilter....still is to some extent, but I think she thought that she had to start using up her stash or else Andrea would be inheriting a lot of fabric!



So, she started making machine quilts! I am posting a few for you to see the wonderful work she can do.



This white with navy print is an irish chain, which she loves to do.



This one is such a lovely simple quilt made from what I think is a jelly roll that she had purchased a while back. I love the look of this quilt as it's very cottagy.








Using up fabrics certainly won't be too much of a challenge for her as she has come up with a few other designs for the future!





This one went to her grandson for Christmas. It's flannel from a kit that she has had on hand for a while too.



I loved this top when she showed it to me in the fall before we were leaving the cottage. It was so soft. I haven't worked with flannels but feeling the softness of this I am sure that her grandson is loving the feeling of curling up to watch the hockey game with the quilt wrapped around him.


Note the feet. We all seem to have the same posture! Too funny. We all stand a certain way when displaying our creations.
Bridge day! And lunch with the girls too! The painting of the main part of the house makes it looks so very bright!

13 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great looking quilts!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Leslie said...

these are great quilts...i especially love the jelly roll one

Anonymous said...

I enjoy seeing Mom's "art" on display! We are blessed to be the recipients of such treasures made with love.

Take care, Nanci.

Best,
Andrea

Barb said...

Love the quilts!!!!! Yep...don't think my sons are interested in my fabric...will have to go to tne neices.

Susan In Texas said...

I know what you mean about the feet. I have dozens of pictures of my husband's knuckles and the top of his head. lol He keeps a death grip on those quilts until I'm done taking pictures. 8) BTW They all look just lovely!

Susan

Susan In Texas said...

I mean, YOUR quilts look just lovely, not the quilts my husband has held in pictures (though most of those are ok too. lol)

Confusingly,
Susan

Crispy said...

Lovely quilts. I made my son one of those flannel rag quilts. It lives on his bed and whenever anyone is sick, it's the one chosen to snuggle under on the couch.

Crispy

Wilma Lee said...

They are all very pretty!!!

Twisted Quilts said...

Love those quilts. Often simple patterns make the most spectacular quilts.

Sue-Anne said...

Just love all those quilts! The Jelly Roll one is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It was my children, Helen's grandchildren, and myself, one of Helen's daughters who were the lucky recipients of these wonderful creations on Christmas day. There is something to be said when my 6 year old and my 11 year old were more excited about Grandma Helen's quilts than they were about opening up more presents. No exaggeration. It was also incredible to watch my daughter look at the fabric patterns and colours and comment on each one and how my son immediately wrapped his around him for the remainder of the morning saying more than once "This is so soft."
So for all you Quilters out there please know that all the time, effort and love that goes into to each creation is truly and genuinely appreciated and cherished.
Happy Quilting, Marcie

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Nice quilts!

Kelly said...

Great looking knuckels...I mean quilts helen. The flannel one must be so soft!

Nice post Marcie. We are heading out tomorrow to see the not so white house and to hopefully work on a quilt for my daughters step sister.