Monday, February 1, 2010

A WHITE HOUSE IS CHANGING COLOURS!





We have been living in this white house for the past four years, and although I am loving the white, we really need to add colour in our space.


When my sweetie decided last week that this was it. "We need COLOUR!" Well I just didn't argue, so we have the painter here this morning to start the process of painting the whole house.

As you can see from the photos that I do like white. My daughter, who is into colours actually approved of our choices. Surprse, surprise!




I don't know how many of you have bold colour choices in your life, but me, I like it simple. We have an affinity to this bit of soft yellow that we have used for most of our houses and even at the cottage, so of course it was included in this house too.



As you can see from the layout of the house, it's pretty open plan and not too many walls in the main part of the house.


Black , white and creams is what we have been using so these colours will certainly go with our choices I think.




Since I was only a bit involved in colour choices, I think the credit definitely will go to my sweetie.


I'm quilting in the basement to keep out of the way!

13 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun getting some color in your life although with tossing some quilts around the house that will add color for sure!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Patchmaker said...

Love your color choices!

Jennifer said...

Quilting in the basement is a good idea, never get between a man and his paint pot. You will get used to the new colours in no time, they will add a little warmth in the dead of winter!

Kelly said...

I want to see it MOM!!!!! BTW, James Taylor and Carole King Toronto concert Fri May 28th.

I love the ugly quilt on my bed!

Crispy said...

Quilting and having someone else do the painting...perfect :0)

Crispy

Twisted Quilts said...

I agree, let someone else do the painting. I have tried it both ways and it is so much better when someone else does it. A couple of years ago I painted my kitchen orange and I love it.

Nanette Merrill said...

You are going about this the right way. Lots of planning! I hate painting but there is nothing like a freshly painted pretty room.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

yes, lots of colors!

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Your house looks beautiful in whites, but I think colour is going to be perfect. We're in the process of choosing exterior colours for our house. We have paint samples and trial painted boards everywhere!! So far we haven't found the right one. Maybe we need your hubby's advice.

Carol E. said...

I can't find your email, and I can't answer your posts at my blog (you're set at no-reply), so I have to share this little tutorial right here. I got it off another blog. Here goes:
-----
I often respond directly to reader’s comments, but there’s that little grinch who always seems to show up like an unwanted guest when I have something I really want to say to someone.

There is a way to help rid this little problem and it’s so easy to do. Readers who have blogs can do the following:

Open your blog and click on the Customize link. It’s in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Click on the Dashboard link, also in the upper right hand corner.
Now click on Edit Profile, on the left hand size of the screen right next to your picture.
This takes you to the Edit User Profile screen.
Look in the Privacy section.
Check the box that says, “Show my e-mail address”.
In the Identity section, enter in an e-mail address.
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Save Profile.
And that’s how it’s done. This will rid the world of Noreply-Comment@Blogger.com. Unless you wish to remain stealth, of course. And that I will understand.

I guess.

Carol E. said...

P.S. I got your giraffe pics but couldn't open them! I tried to let you know, but I probably did that by replying to your post, and it was a no-reply. :-(

Thanks for trying.. I appreciate the thought.

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Nanci - Has the painting started? The color choices look great - you'll love the change! Thank you for your sweet post on my blog. Post the finished pics!

Shirley said...

Choosing colour is the hardest part for me as I love them all but all my quilts usually have pink in them. My favoutite colour. Can't wait to see what you do.
Shirley