Tuesday, March 23, 2010

USING UP STASH...NO ORANGE...HARDLY.




I really have made a dint in the stash! On the weekend I made this top. Now I'm waiting for the sale on Thursday at Fabricland, 40 % off for members on everything, so I need spray basting badly and will see if I can find something in new fabrics too.


.
Yes, I'm going to buy some fabric. It will be in neutral shades as I have ordered from Green Fairy Quilts a bunch of different items she had on the site. It's so much cheaper than Moda, yet I bought all Moda fabrics. How does she do that?

.
I'm very excited about it all and if the fabrics come before Thursday, well wahoo, I will be able to match up some of the colours.

.
The spring weather we've been experiencing has gone elsewhere to make other folks happy I am sure. Although all the spring break people that have returned from warm weather are experiencing rain, sleet and basically sucky weather.

.
OMG. I just realized that the photo is on it's side...I don't know how that happened, but the quilt is square, I took the photo upright and when it downloaded...opps on the side and I have no idea how that happened.

.
I have still some 4" squares that are cut, I can make nine patch for a project of kids blankets I suppose or even more lap quilts. I like those anyway.

.
http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com/ is also having a giveaway this week. I am never lucky at these things and have noted it many times. As I said, she does have great prices so check her out. You know me, price is everything...good luck too if you enter....no, bad luck as I want to win the jelly roll that she is giving away.

.

14 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great looking patchwork - I love Judi's site too.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute project. I love using up fabric like this.

Sue-Anne said...

Love your quilt and congratulations on reducing your stash so you can buy more to add to it!!!

Leslie said...

this top looks great. i love the dark border!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Cute little quilt. I'll never get to the end of my stash if I live to be 100

Anonymous said...

Nanci,
Love the quilt. You know how I feel about folksie quilts. Reeived a call from Orillia Fabricland and will hit the sale on Saturday. Have to get the cottage projects ready. Talk soon - Helen

Barb said...

Love your quilt, a great way to bust that stash...I want to go shopping with you!!! sounds like you will get some great deals!!

Shay said...

I had a stash using year for a lot of last year. It's so satisfying. I think your latest quilt is a cutie!

I still really really want your pastry recipe if youre still willing to give me your pastry secrets! Please...Im begging!

Crispy said...

Cute little quilt Nanci. It's wonderful that you are using up the stash.....to make room for new stuff LOL.

Crispy

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Cute quilt top!
I just ordered some Authentic from Judi this morning. She's got a great blog and store. I wish you luck in the giveaway...I had enough in February to last a while:)

Patchmaker said...

Very cute little quilt - and I see the orange in it! Not sure where your nice weather went, cause it sure didn't come our way!

Maggie

Sunshine said...

I didn't notice the picture was on its side till you mentioned it! Blogspot does that with some photos. I've started to turn all my photos clockwise once and then turn them back before I upload them - takes less time than re-uploading pics. (You can do them all at once in the thumbnail view in explorer, just highlight them, right click and choose the turn option).

Love the border, speaking of borders in prints that don't occur in the center ;) (re: my post about spring quilt).

Best of luck with the fabricland sale, and I'll check out the blog/shop you mentioned!

Cheers,
Christine

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Even sideways your quilt looks FABULOUS!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Pokey said...

I thought you had interesting furniture, :-}
I do not know why you are parting with your "orange" phase, it suits you so well, and it is always successful! Another cute one, Nancy.
pokey