Monday, May 31, 2010

HERE'S THE GEESE...AND THANKS FOR THINKING OF US!





First, I'd like to thank you all for your kind posts and
private emails inquiring how Courtney's operation went.


It went very well but we both had no idea that we would be back there within 6 weeks for the second of three processes to remove or make very tiny this tumor!

Apparently the biggest problem is that it sits so close to the bone thus, the pain, the difficulty of the removal of it.
.
Now, since the kid weighs in at about 130, is 5'6" tall and hardly even takes aspirin....you'd think that a bit of morphine would put her into lala land. Well it didn't. Turns out she is quite drug tollerant and felt a lot of the pain. Go figure!
.
So, between the morphine and the percacet, she wasn't in
pain, but had lots of upset tummy and continued so into
the wee hours of the night.


.
Today she is back to normal and thanks to her mom's
making her have Lipton's Chicken Noodle soup, it made
the you know what so much easier!


So again, thank you so much for thinking of her this past weekend. Blog friends are the best!


Ok, on to my geese. I've put them all together, have to say that it was so much easier than I thought. I just laid them out on the table as you can see from the top photo
and marked each row so that I didn't goof it up.

.

It all went together very well in a couple of hours of sewing and pressing.
.
I do think that this was the easy part though as tomorrow I tackle the bias vines for the flowers and start pressing the flowers onto the white strips.


It's coming well and Helen is here on the island to guide me along.
.
She loved her trip to Ireland even met the editor of the Irish Quilting magazine which has been started by a woman from the United States and has featured "Irish Muses" also known as Micki the lucky ! I say that as Micki has Irish luck so seems to win many of the blog giveaways!
.
Helen will be in one of the next few issues as she donated a quilt to the Irish flooding victoms. It cost her more to send the quilt from Canada than it did to make it! Well almost, but so very generous of her.

We are expecting a storm this afternoon, the weather is very humid so I'm going to batten down the hatches as they say and think of what to have for dinner if the power goes out!

14 comments :

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

So glad the surgeries are going well - hope the recovery continues smoothly.

The flying geese are wonderful - you are really coming along on that part.

Sun is peeking through - maybe we'll have some sun with everyone arrives for the big picnic today - we'll probably eat indoors - just to make sure we don't have to run for cover if the rain comes back.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad the granddaughter is doing better - sorry to hear more surgery.
The quilt is looking great!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sandra Henderson said...

I didn't ask about Courtney, but have been thinking of you all and said a few prayers. I am sorry that you have to go back, but it will all be worth it in the end. I feel for her because pain meds make me sick also. I can not understand how folks get addicted to them because of the terrible effect they have on me. I suppose that is a good thing though. I take very little meds and sometimes when I'm grumpy my husband will say you need to take a tylenol because you are in pain. I supress it and don't even know it... funny, huh? I have no idea why.
Lovely quilt! WOW~Gorgeous! Nice long table to lay it all out on also. Your floors are gorgeous!

Tell Helen it was so sweet of her to donate her quilt (and SHIPPING!). I love that Irish quilting magazine, but never get to a store to buy it...
ENJOY your time on the lake again. XO

Twisted Quilts said...

Surgery is always so scary. So glad to hear she is doing better. She is a lucky young lady.

Leslie said...

glad that she is feeling better!! your geese are looking awesome

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I'm so glad to here your granddaughter is doing well. The geese are great.

Trish said...

Glad to hear all went well with the surgery. I must have somehow missed your last posting. Glad recovery is going as well as can be expected. Your flying geese look fabulous

Barb said...

I am so sorry, I have been so out of touch, I have been trying to get caught up with the blogs .... I am glad to hear that all went well....so sorry...what kind of friend am I??

the flying geese look great!

Sunshine said...

the gees are lovely! I love your arrangement of same colour moving up, it's really like a whole flock taking off - your idea or the pattern? great that you're doing it either way!
ugh, I'd hate for pain killers not to work!
Does Courtney have a nice warm quilt from you to snuggle in when it hurts?

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You mean this poor little girl has to have this done 2 more times!!!!!!!

Shirley said...

Have thought of you constantly and glad that it is getting there for you albeit slowly. Well done on the flying geese Nanci, they are looking gorgeous. Beautiful fabrics.
Shirley.x

Jennifer said...

Good to hear your granddughter's surgery went well - I trust she will continue to do so. Love those geese!

Crispy said...

Oh my heart aches for her having to endure this two more times!! I hope the next two go more smoothly.

LOVE the geese!! It's great that Helen is close to ask questions :0)

Crispy

Sue-Anne said...

I'm pleased Courtney is back to normal after her ordeal, hopefully next time it wont be as bad for her.