Monday, September 13, 2010

IT'S LIKE BEING PREGNANT!

Do you remember being nine months pregnant and getting an incredible burst of energy?

Well this happened to me today! I'm telling you I can't get over it and I'm still in the mode as I write this!

This fabulous loon with a young appeared close to our dock this weekend. Helen saw it eating a fish! At first she wondered what it had in it's mouth, then realized that it had just come up from fishing off her dock.

I had the telephoto handy and managed to get
a few shots of this magnificent creature!


We had a new roof put on our "little" bunkie. it was a huge mess when the roofers took the old shingles off the roof and there was so much little bits of tar and hemlock needles that came through the ceiling that my sweetie and Bob, (who is really anal when it comes to cleaning) took everything out of the bunkie, vacuumed, washed and put everything back to make it look like it is ready for guests!

Our season is winding down so I don't think anyone will actually come to use it again this year
so we will probably start putting umbrellas, chairs
lifejackets and anything else in it for the winter
storage.





This morning, after having coffee I started cleaning out the kitchen cupboards, the fridge, and the big green cupboard in the family room to put it all in order.

You know me, I'm so in need of a new hip and I hobble around now that I'm only about nine weeks till surgery, so where I got this energy is beyond me!

The kitchen is super clean, the cupboards all tidied, even dinner was prepped as I was doing
all my kitchen stuff.

Still on the move, I cut out and sewed two, yep count em two of the above bags, only used beige straps, then cut out a pair of pyjamas bottoms and sewed those suckers up too!

My sewing area is now a bit lighter and I'm feeling good about my day. I took the dog for a short walk to the neighbours as he just needs to go a bit to feel he's been away...stupid dog, it took me about 7 minutes total, there and back.

We had actually planned to go for a boat ride this afternoon but the wind came up, the docks are rolling once again and we are expecting thunder and lightning and the rain that follows.

My sweetie thinks we should prepare to have a wood fire soon as it's going to get cooler quite quickly, but still the humming birds are here, two of them today at the feeders.

I've managed to get more done today than I have all this summer...where did that come from?








13 comments :

Anonymous said...

If you still have that burst of energy, I would love to give you my address. I need to take everything out of the kitchen and pantry and tidy up. Just kidding. Your loon is beautiful.

Jocelyn said...

I hope you can get everything done before your surgery. I am sure you will do well, but it will set you back a bit. Have a great week!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Maybe it is the preparation for the time you'll be down after surgery (though from what my friends say - it isn't long) or perhaps the energy before the storm.

I think I'll get up and move around and see if that energy attacks me. I love the bag!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like it is almost time to move back into town if you are going to need the wood stove soon. Nice to make the preparations for leaving though so nothing is left outside for the winter.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sunshine said...

That photo of the loon is prize-worthy! Enjoy the energy while it lasts!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good day, I love getting things done too! Wish I had some of your ambition.I had my knee done last year...at least you won'ty have the crazy excercizes that you have with the knee! Good luck with that...and by the way,the dog's not stupid!!!

Leslie said...

well at this point in pregnancy i don't remember what that is like but i am guessing i will know...you are getting lots done!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photo! What a handsome loon. The bunkie looks great! We're off to Carolina on Friday and home on Tuesday. Will call you then. Hugs for you and your "Sweetie"
Helen

mema said...

Good for you, getting alllll that work done!, the loon is so nice looking too, love the bag, I wish I had that kind of burst, after work mostly down time and I have to do my quilts on the wkend

Susan In Texas said...

Sounds like fun, only bittersweet, since the summer season is almost over. I just can't get as excited about ice fishing, you know?

Happy tidying,
Susan in Texas

Jennifer said...

Love the picture of the loon! Perhaps now that the heat of summer has gone it makes you feel more energetic? I get a burst of energy when summer's gone for that reason.

Crispy said...

Your surgery has been on your mind and you just had a burst of that "nesting" instinct and want to make sure all is neat and tidy since you will be laid up a bit. If you have lots of that cleaning thing going, you are more than welcome to come clean my cupboards :0)

Crispy

kelly said...

hahaha...love you hanging your bag on the picture for the perfect photo-op Mom! xoxox

I need to pop in here more often. Now I know where I get that from!