Friday, October 1, 2010

FRIDAY'S FABULOUS FAVOURITES...







So,each Friday, the rule of the blog is to blog about a favourite (Canadian spelling Chris) thing.




Being a thoughtful girl, and simple minded at times, I thought about what is fabulous for me as my age is creeping up on me more quickly than I really expected.



So, as I am a hobbling queen this summer, I think I love, love, love, my dishwasher with its prewash cycle...

It takes only 13 litres of water for a full load...don't even ask me how much 13 litres is, but it sounds like only a bit of water. I read that 20-25 litres is what it takes to wash by hand. So having a septic system, my sweetie when he remodeled the kitchen at the cottage put in this dishwasher.

It's amazing and cleans everything really well.

This is going to be hard to do a FFF each week. I'm going to try to keep up the heavy schedule that "Quilting in my Pyjamas" aka the general has put on those of us that have decided to join.

I also want to add this little joke.

A woman is caught for stealing a can of peaches. She arrives to face the judge....he asks her how many peaches were in the can....she says "6, your honour"....the judge says that ok then...six days in jail....from the back of the courtroom comes a voice...."she also stole a can of peas!"

I'm loving this joke!







So, thinking and thinking,

18 comments :

Paulette said...

Ha! Love the joke! Aren't dishwashers the best? They're even better when your husband loads and unloads it, I've discovered. :)

Unknown said...

Love the photo!!! It might be time to think of a hand project to do while recuperating! Also appreciate you using Canadian spellings too!!! LOL

Barb said...

What a cute photo.....and joke!

Jennifer said...

Canadian and Aussie spellings are the same too! We have a dishwasher but haven't used it.....needs a little repair, which we must get done.

Marg said...

Love the photo, yes, dishwashers are fabulous.
Great joke!

Shay said...

As you know I've become quite enamoured of my Douglas since I had the kitchen re-done. I dont know how I lived with out him when I had to hand wash dishes...so I can completely relate.

Why do people keep thinking I'm in the military?

Thanks for linking up to Favourite Things Friday Nanci. Attention!

Crispy said...

I wish I had a dishwasher but the best I can do is make Bob wash dishes on the days I work :0)

Crispy

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I was just thinking that I need to amend my FTF post - my husband just installed a new dishwasher last night! I've yet to decide, though, if it is my new favourite thing (haven't run it yet).
Your dogs are cute, can't wait to catch up on your blog a little bit!
Kirsten

Penny said...

Yeah!! The 4 legged pre-wash cycle...plate on floor and then loaded into the machine. lol...

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I love the joke too and hooray for the hubs installing a great tool for you and the water. ;)

Larri said...

Fabulous favourite! I love my dishwasher! Sometimes it runs twice a day. :o) I have a pre-cleaning dish dog too! Visiting from FTF. Thanks for sharing. :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

AnnieO said...

Growing up in a family of 7, when the dishwasher broke and my parents couldn't afford a new one, we sure missed it! One of the first chores my kids learned was putting their own dishes in the machine after each meal. Definitely a favorite!

Shevvy said...

I would love to have a dishwasher, but my kitchen is so tiny that there wasn't room for it. Lucky you!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

We have a dishwasher in our "new" house - two years now - love love love it - and Don does some of the loading and unloading - can't beat that. We just load dirty dishes in as we use them so there is never a stack in the sink - and it is so great for when company comes.

Love the joke!!!

Sunshine said...

What?? No way am I using 20-25L when washing dishes by hand. Do they mean per wash? I'm going to measure next time! Not sure how to do that without taking the plumbing underneath the sink apart and making a mess.. maybe I'll estimate :) Lucky you for having a fabulous dishwasher and husband!

Cheers,
Christine

Twisted Quilts said...

Great joke! And I love the pic of your precious dogs in your dishwasher.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Ha ha, I'm still laughing. I got my first dishwasher six years ago when we moved from our old house. I just love it.

Kelly said...

Hahahaha! You remembered the punch line to the joke Mom! Love your little cariacature of yourself!