Sunday, October 10, 2010

THE LAST DAY AT COTTAGE




When I awoke this passed Monday morning, which was the last day of our cottage season, the moon was visible at around 6:15 am in the sky. I lay back down in bed to take this photo.

.
Five minutes later, the moon was gone, the sun was rising in the eastern sky and our closing of our little precious paradise was beginning!







.
The dogs, were totally confused this day as there
was so much going on...they couldn't figure out
sit, run or just eat! They sat like this for most of the morning....waiting.

.
They stayed close to me all morning as there usually isn't so much activity going on in the day for them anyway.

.
We, Bob, Mary, me, with Jerry directing the closing all had so much to do, putting up shutters, making sure all doors and windows were secure, and for Mary and I, setting the cottage in order
for spring opening.
.
We cleaned out the fridge, gave it a great washing
and literally backed our way out of the cottage
as we checked each room.


.
We finished around 3pm that afternoon.
.
All water was turned off, the cottage boarded up completely. Last year for the first time, we heard that there were breakins, or attempted break ins on our little island. So we secured the cottage as best we could.
.
The day was georgous as only fall days can be anywhere as the trees are in the best of colours.
.
We often think that it would be nice to have
such colours all season long, but then we would
say that isn't the green trees the best!

.
So, the last photo is of the colours as we left the lake.
.
I'm back home getting ready for my hip surgery, so have been very busy all week going to doctor appointments which include sitting and waiting to get all the paper work, xrays etc done for the big day.
.
Now, of course I decided that losing a bit of weight would be good! Yeah, I had all summer to do this, but didn't get in the mode till I'm just about ready to go under the knife as it goes.
.
Another two weeks....can't wait.











10 comments :

Quiltgal said...

Beautiful pictures. Just thing how much easier it will be to get around at the cottage with you new hip. PS I posted the pictures of my Blocks.

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed your cottage with you this summer, your dogs are so cute, and I hope the operation goes well . Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family. Your pictures are beautiful. Barb

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You are home now and the future holds bright things so may I say
Have a wonmderful Thanksgiving!!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good bye cottage - I'll miss you.

A Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Best for the surgery to come - I know you are looking forward to it. I have a friend that had hip surgery and she is doing amazing things now - and pain free.

Shay said...

I'm so sad the cottage is closed. I feel like I've spent part of your summer with you and now I'm going home .

The pictures are so pretty though.

I've been thinking of you and the surgery. You know you'll have plenty of time for quilting in the recovery phase . What projects do you have planned?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always love your time at the cottage!! wish I could see it in person. It looks so lovely. I hope all you did will keep the cottage safe until you go back in the spring. Good luck on the surgery and keep us updated on your progress.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jennifer said...

Best wishes for Thanksgiving, and all good wishes for the surgery too!

Crispy said...

It's always so sad to see the last of the cottage each fall but I always look forward to the opening again. You will be in my thoughts as you get ready for the "big" day!! I know you will be so happy with your new hip :)

Crispy

quiltingnana said...

closing up the cabin ...so sad....but now you can dream of next summer....and have a wonderful winter reliving the good times from this summer...good luck with the surgery

imquilternity said...

Having a gorgeous day like that must have made it all the more difficult to leave the cottage. At least it would have been for me. I do enjoy your cottage and your adventures there. I have to laugh when you say you are looking forward to surgery! But, I do understand that pain relief is paramount.