Wednesday, October 13, 2010

OH THOSE LATE NIGHTS!


We are early to bed people, have been for years, but when our grandson asked us to meet him at the airport at 1 am, well we stayed up, (didn't dare sleep in case) and went to the airport to see our boy get off the plane with two medals from the Pan Am Canoe/Kayak Competition in Mexico City.

He was met with open arms by his blurry eyed Poppa!

We viewed a silver and a bronze medal from his first international competition!

When asked what was the best thing? He said it was
the experience of meeting new people, and learning
that Mexico City air is unlike anything he has
ever experienced! He was happy to breath fresh
air in Canada! But loved the people who were
very friendly.


A few weeks back I won a book from Sweet P Quilting, and it has finally arrived...talk about snail mail...I'm reading something else right now, but have read a few pages of this little book which looks interesting.

Next read for me, then I'm having a giveaway to send it on to someone else. Thank you Paulette!

12 days to go!









12 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the name of that author sounds familiar maybe I have read some of hers? Congrats to your grandson, yes sometimes we have to stay up late! I am normally in bed between 10 and 11.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Quiltgal said...

I just ordered that book for myself. Let me know how it is.Deb

Penny said...

Wow! What a great surprise for you! The big payola for hard work and determination. Well done.

Twisted Quilts said...

We too are early to bed folks and the same thing happened. Our daughter and her boy friend's plane came in at midnight. I could barely keep my eyes open but I had to stay up until they got here!

Barb H said...

Congratulations to your grandson! How proud you all must be! And for him to say the experience of meeting new people was the best thing, compared to winning--that says a lot about his character. I think you have a fine young man on your hands--well worth missing a little sleep. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanci,
Congratulations to your "Darling Boy." Amazing! Haven't had much time to work on quilts - life keeps getting in the way. Talk with you soon.
Helen

Shay said...

Well done Nanci's grandson. You are a true champion!

Crispy said...

Awww he's such a cutie!! Congratulations!! I swear I turn into a pumpkin after 10 I'm an early bird, not a night owl :)

Crispy

susan@tickledpaisley said...

congratulations to your grandson!! What an amazing experience for him!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations to your grandson, that's great! But I'm with you, I would find it hard to stay awake.

pwl said...

Congratulations to your grandson! Mexico City is a lovely place to visit.

And happy reading!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Congrats to your grandson!! We would do anything for our children and grandchildren!